S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th August to Friday 22nd August 2014

Wednesday xx August, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, Zirh Alpha - Hydroxy Face Wash Wash
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: TSN 2013 LE Simpson's P8
Soap: Jabonman Lima Pimienta Mentalado
Razor: Weber iKon
Blade: Personna Lab Blue #1
Post: Muehlens 4711 Eau de Cologne ASL, Kiehl's Ultimate Men's ASB & Moisturizer
Fragrance: Knize Forest

Result: Strangely the Lab felt a little tuggy this morning, perhaps down to the lather? Let's see what happens tomorrow.....

All the best,

Jon

Pre: Hot wash and Proraso Pre.
Soap: Proraso Green tub
Brush: Vie-Long Horse.
Razor: 1966 Gillette Slim Adjustable.
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum.

Nice smooth shave this morning even with a blade I have never used before. This razor is very deceiving, even when I think I have had a bad shave the actual result is good. At times today I was certain that no whiskers were coming off because the razor seamed to glide across with no effort. I have never had that before so was a wee bit of a strange happening. The Cien smells better on the skin than in the bottle.

The results however speak for themselves a clean shave with a chin caressing effect.

Jim

20rjsqc.jpg

Prep : cold water splash
Soap : MWF
Brush: Semogue 620
Razor : Ever ready 1912
After: Nivea sensitive post Shave Balm

What a great shave, may not be the closest, still struggle to do under my nose.
But just enjoy the noise as you shave, coming back to the 1912 from using a de thought it was broken or blade not in properly, but no that's just how loud it is!

Have a good Wednesday

Paul

WEDNESDAY MORNING

Pre: Tepid rinse & Noxzema massaged into beard then washed off
Oil: Village Barber shaving oil
Razor: Stik (Stahley head, Ikon handle)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
EDT: JPG Kokorico

Second excellent shave with this setup.

It's not as enjoyable as faffing around with brushes and creams but the results are excellent (you don't have to use an AS as the oil just sinks into the skin) and I think this will become my travel setup from now on.

Wednesday 08-20-14. MUSIC: Peter Gabriel - 1 Car (1977). Robert Fripp electric & classical guitars and banjo!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpJbebfLmJ0&list=PL474C512D72879D48[/video]

Aleppo soap - Simpson Somerset Duke 3 besta badger - Gillette Rocket flare tip - Astra green #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Truefitt & Hill 1805 - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Dr. Harris Arlington Cologne.

6f5zQA0.png

Stahly Live Blade
Gillette Silver Blue
Noxzema (applied between passes)
Wickham Soap Hard Soap
Omega 20102
Prof. Blighty's Coal Tar balm

Absolutely superb shave! The Stahly arrived when I was away and just got a run out today. I did the first pass using the "live blade" function (which is simply a clockwork vibrating action) and found it novel, if not entirely necessary. The head must be very well designed though as I barely felt the blade across my face and had zero sting from the final alum rub.

Darron's hard soap is pretty good. I'm not sure what the scent is though yet, probably because the Noxzema masks it.

Prep: hot shower
Brush: Old Original Pure badger
Soap: Bit of a Frankenlather - Proraso green augmented by a bit of Omega eucalyptus cream with cold water
Razor: Muhle R41 in Rosegold
Blade: Astra (4)
Alum
Cold water splash
Balm: Omega Eucalyptus
Cheeky wee splash of Imbat lemon Cologne

Last night shift of the week last night so a couple of days growth - easily dispatched by the R41. Alum sealed the imperfection in my technique and the balm was nice and soothing.
Complemented at work for making the office smell clean and fresh - BBS and thoroughly refreshing

Weber PH / UFO Kaiser
Personna Med Prep (4)
Thäter 49125/1 3-band
Nanny's Signature soap
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Diptyque Philosykos edp

Early evening shave after housework and gym. I went into work today to get hold of the advance copies of my department's (excellent) GCSE results. I'm not sure whether to open the bubbly tonight or tomorrow!

Ok I get it Vulfix 404 works very well and came with 10 free feathers which I had bad results with in the past but really enjoyed the shave with a bit more experience under my belt.

hot towel
macca root face lathered with vulfix 404
merkur hd
feather blade
3 passes with across and against
alum washed off
blue beards balm

Back
Top Bottom