S.O.T.D. Saturday 13th - Friday 19th July incl.

Sunday 07-14-13. MUSIC: David Bowie - Tokyo 12-12-1978.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaKpJl4D8bc[/video]

e21fa1d0-0016-4b89-896b-713fd8d70433.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson de España silvertip - Gillette Rocket flare tip - Israeli Personna #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream The Art of Shaving Sandalwood - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Geo F. Trumper's Skin Food Sandalwood - ASL Honeybee Gardens Sandalwood.

Sunday:

RazoRock Third Eye
Tubby 2
Aristocrat Junior
Voskhod
Witch Hazel
Barbershop Bay Rum
TOBS St James EdC

Used the sample of Third Eye that Mr Magnus sent with the Tubby 2. Great performance and nice scent. Top shave.

Warm shower
Proraso pre, menthol
Omega 10219, MWF
Weber polished, Polsilver SI (2)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer
Gucci Intense Black EDT

I was aiming for a very comfortable DFS, and that's what I got.
First try out for a boar brush, using one of the Omega brushes I got on me hols. I feel I've gone over to the dark side... how good was that cheapie little brush? And it works really well with hard soap.

I won't be selling my Simpson and NF brushes just yet (heh! heh!) but I am going to Portugal in September, so I'll keep an eye out for some Semogue brushes.

Sunday 14th July

pwxl.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpson POLO 8 best badger brush
Gillette 1930's NEW long comb razor
Sputnik (3)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

A fine comfortable shave, a different razor and blade set up for tomorrows shave.

Brian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Wilkinson Super Sword Edge (NOS)
Klar Kabinett SS (a one hell of a deal kinda soap)
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Annick Goutal 'Eau d Hadrien' EdT ( very nice lemon frag with unusual longevity for a citrus).

Tried this blade today......can't remember if I used this particular Super Sword before. Very nice as it turns out.

BBS results,

Martin

B4i8wTr.jpg

MRGLO
iKon OSS
Polsilver SI (3)
Blenheim Bouquet (New)
Vie-Long "Reddit" Badger/Horse Brush
Simpsons Balm

Really enjoying this brush - whipped up a great lather from the Blenheim Bouquet.

c363fd4d77b067e44b79ac64322131a2_zpsc9456d93.jpg

Razor- Gillette Bostonian
Blade- Sputnik
Brush- Muhle silvertip fibre 23mm
Cream- T&H no10
Balm - T&H no10
After Shave The Veg!
Tried a few firsts today and was mightily impressed! First time in absolute ages I've used the Bostonian and forgot how good this razor really is,I was considering sticking it on the BST soon but won't be now:icon_razz:
Paired it with a Sputnik as was advised and seems to be the dream team!
First go with the Muhle fibre brush and am very impressed with it probably got lucky with judging how much water to leave in after a soak but lathered up like a good un, think I may get another of these!
Also first time using T&H no10 very nice cream and balm for what they cost from Creighton's no brainer really , not the first time I've used the Veg but what can you say about it you either love it or hate it and I,m in the love it camp:icon_razz:
Oh and a bloody nice shave all round!

Todays Shave

8i01.jpg

Cut down 1920s Ballend OC
Wilkinson sword Blade
NSS Cedarwood & Vetyver
Kent BK8 Brush

Floris No 89

Result BSS WTG

Take a good look at this razor as it won't be seen again for a long time probably when hell freezes over is when you'll see it again, interesting to see just how far Gillette had to go with the design and technology front before the glory years.

Evening, all.

Sunday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Personna lab (2)
Brush: Wilkinson Sword
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe and Hemp, Energy
A/S: Homemade Kölnisch Wasser
Cologne: Bronnley's Gentlemens Eau de Toilette

Some irritation straight after the shave (I blame the Wilkinson brush) which quickly cleared up leaving me closely-shaved and smelling good on this very hot day.

SUNDAY EVENING

Prep: Cold rinse
Soap: Cella - facelathered
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 butterscotch in best
Razor: Kai Excelia kamisori
Blade: Feather Proguard

Two passes and some touch ups. Couple of minor weepers but overall an excellent smooth shave with the satisfaction of seeing the kamisori wiping away a day and a bits growth.

Monday:

La Toja (soap of the week)
Semogue SOC Boar
Aristocrat Junior
Voskhod
Witch Hazel
T&H Trafalgar AS
TOBS St. James EdC

Lovely smooth shave. La Toja was as good as always.

SOTD15-11-07_zps40c32dd6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom