Morning, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock yellow (5)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: La Toja stick
A/S: "Caveman" homebrew spalsh
Cologne: Caveman

A good and easy shave. The "Caveman" is a fragrance oil I bought from Scent from Heaven and is wonderfully old-school. All I need now is a perm and medallion.

Wednesday

La Toja stick
New Forest Tubby 2
Clug-Pruf
Gem blade
Barbershop Bay Rum
Captain Fawcett's Sandalwood Moustache Wax (the movember 'tache is coming along nicely!)

Very quick two pass shave, one down, one up.

Tuesday evening

Clinique soap
Ikon OC Deluxe
Bic chrome platinum
Simpsons Chubby 2
MWF
Old Spice Whitewater

Not as good a shave today. Struggled to get the Chubby 2 and the MWF feeling any love for each other. Maybe should have used a bit more product but the Semogue from the previous day showed the Chubby 2 a clean pair of heels when lathering MWF. Not the best lather I've had from the MWF.

Well with no time pressure today I went with.
Hot towel
Superdrug Pre Shave (I really don't think this adds anything to the shave)
Razor: EJ 89L
Blade: Astra Superior
Brush: German silver tip
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
ASB: Pecksniffs
AS: TOBS Gentleman's
Cologne: Totex Lemon

All in all a DFS.
I have a small patch on the left side between the jaw and chin and this I have to make a real effort to get smooth in effect I probably shave this part in 6 or 7 different directions to be satisfied.

Wednesday 11-13-13. MUSIC: Chet Baker - The Italian Sessions (1962).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztt2hNlBgDE[/video]

5a84ff71-7893-4287-9c39-2ecd9f592f43_zps43ef28e6.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 25X53 - Feather all stainless - Astra green #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Calani Classic Havana - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Health & Aloe CGR - ASL 4711.

Wednesday 13th November

SOTD131113_zps6ef66b87.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Marlborough soap scuttle lathered
Simpson Tulip 1 super badger brush
Gillette Canadian single ring (1908/9 ?)
Lord Platinum (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol F/extra aftershave

A fine shave with the single ring which I've tried to date from the serial no C67985. The Canadian numbers don't seem follow the US dates. The original user was shaving with this razor before the Titanic struck the iceberg, King Edward VII was king, The Suffragettes were making headlines. I started a thread about the razor with photos here:
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-22365.html

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
New Forest Tubby 1, Cella
Merkur Progress (#2), Perma-sharp (2)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave healer

So I only had a smidge of the old Cella left in my bowl, and I'm rather keen to open the new Cella to get the full almond blast from it. I decided to whizz all the old stuff up into a monster lather and have done with it... and the Tubby 1 is a mighty whizzer...

Bad idea!

There was so much lather I couldn't hang on to the brush, or the razor. Soon enough I was skidding round the bathroom like Torvill & Dean at Sarajevo. All I could see in the mirror was a pair of manic eyeballs staring back at me through a sea of foam.

I won't do that again!

Decent shave, though!

Prep: FitjarSoap Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Edwin Jagger EJ DE89
Blade: Super Iridium (2)
Brush: Frank Shaving
Cream: Fitjarsoap Lighthouse
Aftershave: Fitjarsoap Lighthouse Aftershave Balm
Moisturiser: Fitjarsoap Lighthouse Aftershave Cream

I had some difficulties getting a proper lather out of the Fitjarsoap Lighthouse cream today, and quite frankly I have these difficulties almost every time after I started using a scuttle.
So after two passes I rinsed my brush, emptied the scuttle of hot water and tried again.
This time I had more luck and was rewarded with a thick and luscious lather.
So the lesson learned was that I must work with less groovy hotness in the scuttle. An issue most of my co-workers can relate to :icon_mrgreen:

12112013_zps2b950dfc.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep/Pensoftheforest in Desert Ironwood
Razor: C V Heljsestrand, MK 42 from Eskilstuna, Sweden
Soap: Jabonmans Citricos
AS: Myrsol Limone
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean indeed :D

Sweet shave, it's a little hectic around my casa right now and has been for while, but this shave gave me a nice change of mood and hot damn, this edge/steel sure's good! :D

Back
Top Bottom