S.O.T.D Sat. 9th Nov. to Frid.15th Nov. 2013

WampB-Zebra_zps761b1aba.jpg
[/align]
[/quote]

That to me is a mighty fine looking razor Mr.Magnus, if you ever get bored of it you know where it's next home is ;-) I promise I would look after it!

PhilD said:
What is your green glass object, pjgh?

Nice, isn't it?

It's a Lillicrap Hone. Back in the old days, apparently, you could keep your DE blade sharp by honing it on the inside of a glass. Lillicrap figured out he could sell just an object purpose made. You place a blade onto the curve and rub it gently up and down the curve, flip over and repeat.

I bought it as a stand.

Re: RE: S.O.T.D Sat. 9th Nov. to Frid.15th Nov. 2013

WTG PolSilver Super Iridium [7]
XTG Sputnik Stainless (Teflon) [4] … and minor polishing ATG

Do you change the blade mid-shave?

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: 23mm Vie-Long 16510 Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush
SOAP/CREAM: Manantiales de La Toja Soap
SCUTTLE/BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: Maggard MR3 + Gillette Silver Blue Stainless
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: L'Occitane CADE After-Shave Balm
EDT: L'Occitane Vetyver
RESULT: Wonderful, BBS shave

SOTD_MAGGARD_B_zps14158126.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Tuesday morning:

Wade & Butcher Special 6/8"
Omega 48
Cella
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
Thayers Medicated Superhazel with Aloe Vera
Floid Suave
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

Great shave today. This was my first try of Thayers. It firms and tones the face like an Aqua Velva but within a few minutes you may apply your favorite ASL without mixing the scents. Very good product.

Alphanutau3AF0gammarhoalphaphiomicronalphapi3CC0SOTD-12-11-203-1_zpsf264ac5f.jpg

Prep: Musgo glycerin soap
Soap/cream: Stirling Barbershop
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (1961)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock black
Brush: Kent H8
Post shave: Thayers Astringent
After shave: Kramperts Finest Bay Rum

After yesterdays sucess at face lathering MWF I thought I would try it with my new Stirling soap. It was passable as lather but I think I will keep it for bowl lathering. Apart from that a DFS.

Two shaves as I forgot to upload my last:

Sunday 10th November

Brush: Omega 10065
Soap: Tabac
Razor: templ8 handle and EJ Head
Blade: Lord Platinum Class (3) with shim

Absolutely fantastic shave. The lather was spot on. I took it slow and steady again and there was no tugging, no soreness or roughness, just a perfect shave. Tabac is wonderful soap!

Tuesday 12th November

Brush: Omega 20102
Cream: Erasmic old formula
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (1)

A very nice shave. The New shaves closely without being too aggressive and irritating. The brush and cream whipped up a thick, creamy and plentiful lather, with a great traditional scent.

One strange thing.... The cream doesn't cause my face to react, but I left a bit on my forearm after the shave by accident, and an hour later and it had gone red and scaly where the cream was. It seems my skin doesn't like prolonged exposure to it. Hmm...

MrK1 said:
WTG PolSilver Super Iridium [7]
XTG Sputnik Stainless (Teflon) [4] … and minor polishing ATG

Do you change the blade mid-shave?

I did this time ...

I thought the PolSilver would see me through, but it started to get a little scratchy, so swapped it out.

With the PolSilver getting up to now 7 uses, I'm pushing the envelope ... but ducking out when the going gets complicated.

Tuesday xii November, 2013

Prep: Hot shower, Lucky Tiger Face Wash
Pre: Vito's Crema Pre Dopobarba
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger Travel
Soap: Figaro P.160
Razor: Ikon Slant
Blade: Wizamaet Polsilver Stainless #1

Result: Oh dear. Very poor indeed, not sure what went wrong, possibly a dud Polsilver, but I had nicks and weepers galore. A liberal application of Alum managed to sort it all out. However a couple of hours on my face still feels raw and tingly.

Have a good day.

Jon

Tuesday

Tabac
Semogue SOC Boar
Clog-Pruf
Gem blade
Pinaud Clubman AS

There's a lot to be said for these SE razors. From the Clog-Pruf, OCMM and Streamline I almost always get a perfect shave. BBS results today.

Ryujin Tamahagane Dragon God 6/8
Kanayama cordovan #8000
Rooney heritage stubby 2
Kiehl's lite flite
Witch hazel
Kiehl's aftershave balm
Tom Ford black orchid Eau de parfum

A recycled photo from me I need to get round to taking a few shot's, as I'm running low on SOTD photo's.​

Warm shower
Proraso pre, menthol
New Forest Tubby 1, MWF
Merkur Progress (#2), Perma-sharp (1)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave soother

Palm stropped the Perma-sharp and got an incredibly smooth and close shave for first use of the blade. Hesitate to use the term "BBS" lightly... but it's bloody close.
Anyway... off to Manchester this afternoon for some pre-Christmas shopping and an Italian meal.

Monday evening

Clinique soap
Ikon OC Delux
Bic Chrome Platinum
Semogue SOC boar
MWF
C&E West Indian Limes balm

Nice shave. The Semogue seems to have broken in a lot quicker than I thought it would, couple of soaks and a couple of test lathers and it felt great on the second shave with it.

Also impressed with the Bic blade, changed razors from my usual Progress to see what it was like and it was very smooth and very close. Excellent blade.

Having an MWF week. Not sure if it's the best lather out there but no doubting the fantastic post shave feel it leaves you with.

Back
Top Bottom