S.O.T.D Sat. 9th Nov. to Frid.15th Nov. 2013

Spent all day outside working, so a good hot shower and treated to a nice hot shave.

Hot shower
Pre shave: Proraso pre shave
34C HD with a feather blade (second shave and feeling nice and sharp so will be good for a third)
Mitchell Wool Fat Soap
TOBS brush
Post shave: Alum Block and Nivea balm
After shave: Hugh Boss, Boss

Here is today's shave with some excellent vintage blades.

10784802604_55571886f3_b.jpg

Gillette New LC / UFO
Perma-Sharp Super (2)
Semogue SOC boar
Valobra Sapone per barba
Proraso Aftershave balm

This round pin New is so mild, it makes my Tech seem like a 2011 R41. I'm not convinced that I can be bothered to get going with it. Three passes and a bit of buffing for the same result as one WTG pass of my #88. Go figure. The true stars were the SOC boar and the grated Valobra stick - it was almost as though there was too much glide and protection for the razor to get anywhere close to the skin.

Where was yours made? USA? GB? I have a US long comb 'New' which I think is mild compared to the British #77 I had as a lend. Maybe the blade reveal is more in the #77 #88. I don't mind … I like my US 'New' for a proper vintage shave without the skin grafts.

Prep: Hot water (Sunday afternoon shave)
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Stirling Soap "Bonaparte"
Brush: New Forest 2213 Silvertip
Razor: E&J DE89 Chatsworth handle
Blade: Voskhod (1)

First time using a Voskhod blade. A resounding "meh". A day's growth took nearly 4 passes to get BBS. Not really sharp at all. Could be a dud. No nicks or weepers though, very smooth & no irritation.

Monday

Fitjar Neroli cream
New Forest Tubby 2
Clog-Pruf
Gem blade
DR Harris Windsor AS
Fitjar Mint ASB

Another couple of days beard disposed of. Smooth!

Prep: Musgo glycerin soap
Soap/cream: MWF
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (1961)
Blade: Supermax Blue
Brush: Kent H8
Post shave: Thayers Astringent
After shave: Kramperts Finest Bay Rum

I fancied a bit of a change today, no bowl for me, I face lathered for the first time in ages. The MWF exploded and I had enough lather for about six passes. I must do the face lathering thing more often.

The blade was not so good, its the first time I have tried a supermax blue and cor blimey it was rough. I don't know if I had a dodgy one but it felt like it had been used about 20 times already and I stopped for the sake of my skin. I popped in a Gillette 7 o'clock black and normal service has been resumed.

Monday xi November, 2013

Lest we forget

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea Q10 Face Wash
Pre: Proraso White
Brush: Invisible Edge Buffalo Horn Silvertip
Cream: Shulton Old Spice
Razor: Ikon Slant
Blade: Personna Lab Blue #1
Post: Alum, Home Brew Lemon Tea Tree Mentholated WH, Zirh Post Shave Solution
Fragrance: Muehlens 4711 EdC

Result: Well I finally got my hands on the long awaited Ikon Slant. It is indeed an excellent shaver. I now believe I have got the three razors that work best for me - Digress, Ikon Slant and Timor OC. I know the blades that work and which brush works best with my creams and soaps. It is all good. As the the shave. Very, very good indeed.

Have a good day.

Jon

Sunday:

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ Badger
T and H no 10
Aloe Moisturiser
St James C and C Cologne

Monday:

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ badger
St James C and C Cream
Aloe Moisturiser
Aramis

Monday Morning:

Cadman & Sons Bengall 13/16"
Simpsons Chubby 2, Best Badger
Mitchell's Wool Fat, soap
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5" Latigo Leather
D.R. Harris Marlborough ASL
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

Very close and comfortable shave. No matter how many razors I try, Bengall is the best for me.

My best wishes for the week!

Alphanutau3AF0gammarhoalphaphiomicronalphapi3CC0SOTD-11-11-2013-_zps16f366a4.jpg

Monday 11-11-13. MUSIC: Spyro Gyra - Morning Dance. A touch of jazz fusión and smooth jazz.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyBF7Rs4MZg[/video]

c84151d4-384b-453c-9768-aacfb46e4920_zps2f591f5c.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 25X53 - Feather all stainless - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera - Alum block - Toner Health & Aloe BIO - ASB Health & Aloe BIO - ASL Clarins Men.

Monday 11th November

SOTD111113_zps626ecbb0.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Nannys Warm Spice hard soap scuttle lathered
Simpson POLO 8 best badger brush
Gillette Aristocrat Junior
Gillette 7 o'clock black
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Boots Freshwood aftershave

A decent comfortable shave very good :)