Prep: Hot wash
Pre: Proraso Pre shave cream
Soap: Dermolive
Brush: Semogue 1305
Blade Astra Superior Stainless
Razor: 1977 Gillette Black Beauty
AS: Tesco Pro Post shave balm
EDt: 1977 Jubilee Old Spice

First use of the Black Beauty for this '1977' shave. LOVE IT! Cranked it up to 9, and it is the perfect medium, very close shave and really comfy, just did not notice the aggresiveness considering how close it got.

2v2xu35.jpg

Prep Hot shower
Proraso Pre Cream
Razor 34c
Blade Sputnik Supplied by PJGH thanks again Paul, nice blade close, sharp, really left a smooth finish.
Lather TOBS sandalwood
Alum bloc
Bluebeards post balm

Weber Polished / UFO
Personna Med Prep (2)
Semogue 1438 boar
Proraso Sandalwood
Proraso Aftershave lotion
Diptyque Tam Dao edt

14 hour day today, so only a quick, tired shave this evening - it's difficult to go wrong with the Weber in that context. All the talk about Semogues recently made me miss my 1520. So, somewhat irrationally, I wetted my previously unopened 1438 and now I'm committed to it. All I can say is that it'll take a while to break in. When it does, I'm hopeful it'll be a magnificent little brush in the same way its predecessor was.

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Prep: Warm rinse
Razor: Ever Ready 1924 shovelhead
Blade: Gem
Brush: Frank Shaving Purtech
Soap: P160 - scuttle lathered

Very nice shave tonight. Nice to have a night when I don't cut myself. Am thinking of taking shares in a styptic factory!

Damn it! No shave for me …

I have some lovely two day stubble, all growing just right for a great shave, but, this morning my kitten (I say kitten, but he's largely Maine Coon, so huge already at 7 months) gave me a love pat. With a claw out. I didn't notice, but my top lip started to feel a bit stiff my mid-morning and by this afternoon it was swolen and starting to bruise.

Little beggar!

TCP, then toothpaste to draw out the swelling and it's flat again now, just a little puffy.

Hopefully, a nice shave tomorrow …

I have a new Muhle R41 head to try, so perhaps the longer growth will suit that well for a nice Thursday night shave.

Fingers crossed ...

Fon Golden Star full hollow 13/16
Kanayama cordovan #8000
Bill Jack Le tuft chubby 1.5 in lignum vitae
Mitchell's wool fat
Witch hazel
L'Occitane Baux aftershave balm
L'Occitane Ambre & Santal EDT

My favourite razor I have three razors which you can guarantee to deliver sublime shaves, a Filarmonica 14 a Eiko YSK2 and the Fon Golen Star.​

pjgh said:
barlines said:
Not one of my better efforts :icon_neutral:

… although your pictures are always very appealing.

What do you use as your 'infinity curve'? The thing you frame your picture against?

It's a piece of black card from staples held with bulldog clips, not very high tech and its getting a bit battered now. I keep meaning to get a white one.

Hows my home town doing?

Thursday Morning:

Joseph Rodgers & Sons 5/8"
Simpsons The Commodore X3, Best Badger
Taylor of Old Bond Street, Sandalwood soap
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
Thayers Medicated Superhazel with Aloe Vera
Taylor of Old Bond Street, Sandalwood ASL
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

Have a nice day!

Alphanutau3AF0gammarhoalphaphiomicronalphapi3CC0SOTD-14-11-2013-2_zps7f896b17.jpg

Well Carl I personally have always approached a SOTD photo the same way I would photograph a still life when I was a young Art student many moons ago, It very well could be a beautiful display of fruit or a lovely vase of flowers, three things I always try a convey, 1 a well thought out composition 2 good lighting 3 and as I always shoot on manual settings get to know your camera and know exactly what it can do.

Prep: Musgo glycerin soap
Soap/cream: Stirling Anise
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (1961)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock black
Brush: Kent H8
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Bespoke
Post shave: Thayers Astringent
After shave: Kramperts Finest Bay Rum

Unusually for me I felt the need for a third pass on a work day. Now am totally smooth. Happy with the Gillette black too, 4th shave today and its still going strong.

[attachment=8921]

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    421.9 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom