S.O.T.D. Sat. 8th February 2014 to Fri. 14th February 2014

Fatboy February
3P
Simpsons Commodore X2
Old Spice Fresh Lime Cream
Fatboy @ 6
Lab Blue (2)
Vintage Old Spice AS

First try of this cream, really nice scent, good glide as well. A nice straight lime scent that didnt leave the skin dry, didnt need AS but just thought I'd pair the two.

Anyone know if the Indian old spice lime smells anything like this cream?

pjgh said:
pjgh said:
Now, out to stab friends in the chest for the evening ...

Damn it! I shaved ... I went out fencing ... home, shower ... and ... blotchy neck. Damn it! I'm not happy. Ample application of Clubman Club Mend and fingers crossed.

Such a shame, as the shave looked to be a perfect combo, I too have used the soap with the Nuage Men PSO and they go together quite well. Blue Stratos, Blue Stratos... Blue Stratos! What a classic! This is on my shopping list now, god its been such a long time since I wore this.

That is a good photo too Paul, hope all went well with the stabbing of friends.

Fox said:
pjgh said:
pjgh said:
Now, out to stab friends in the chest for the evening ...

Damn it! I shaved ... I went out fencing ... home, shower ... and ... blotchy neck. Damn it! I'm not happy. Ample application of Clubman Club Mend and fingers crossed.

Such a shame, as the shave looked to be a perfect combo, I too have used the soap with the Nuage Men PSO and they go together quite well. Blue Stratos, Blue Stratos... Blue Stratos! What a classic! This is on my shopping list now, god its been such a long time since I wore this.

That is a good photo too Paul, hope all went well with the stabbing of friends.

Cheers! It went very well :D

It's not the shaving combo, but the combination of freshly shaved skin, the mask, heat, sweat, lots of sweat ... and more sweat. I won't be doing it again ... I can get away with the night before a competition, but clearly not a couple of hours before. At least I know now ...

Greetings

Wednesday 12th February 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Injector I1
Blade: Gillette Platinum-Plus NOS
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Lea Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Regards
Dick.

DSC05224.JPG

Wednesday

Morning, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 + Bulldog handle
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (5)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Palmolive
Aftershave: Ricardo L'Homme, Black
Cologne: Giorgio Beverly Hills

Excellent result. Even by Palmolive's high standards I got a terrific lather this morning.

Wednesday xii February, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, L'Oreal Daily Purifying Wash
Pre: Tepid water splash
Brush: Vie-Long Mixed Badger & Horse 14080
Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Tabacco Verde Intenso
Razor: Timor OC 1350K
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless # 1
Post: Alum, Weleda Smooth Shave Toner, Alt Innsbruck Pre and post Emulsion

Result: First time for a while with the Feather and an excellent, smooth and comfortable scrape. However just noticed that my sideburns are at different levels. Will need to sort that out this evening!

Have a good day, gents.

Jon

Wednesday

RazoRock XXX
Frank Shaving Pur Tech
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SuperPlatinum
Blue Stratos AS
TOBS St. James EdC

Second go with the 7 o'clock black was much better than the first, sharp and smooth blade. Must have made duff lather the first time round or the blade is a better fit in the #15 than it was in the Slim Adjustable. Either way a good shave was had this morning.

Wednesday morning,
Pre: Aleppo soap
Razor: FaTip / iKon bulldog.
Blade: Pol-Silver extra stainless (2).
Brush: M&F 1/3 blonde badger.
Soap: Speick stick.
Aftershave: Myrsol Formula C.
EdT: Penhaligon's Endymion.

Very pleasant.

Tuesday Night.

Proraso Green Pre
TOBS Sandalwood Cream
EJ46 Silvertip
Muhle R41 2013 Rose Gold (Thanks Scott)
Sputnik (3)
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Agua de Colonia Concentrada.

Third shave with the R41 and I've got the hang of it now. First pass is easy but if you get the angle wrong on the shorter hair of the second and third passes, it seems to want to bounce about on your face which is quite scary. Once you get the angle down it's a belter of a shave. Just the 2011 one to try now.

Wednesday 12th February

SOTD12214_zpse55cce37.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Stroppe Shoppe London Morning with Tallow
Custom made by myself Oak, TGN Finest Badger 20mm
Gillette 58
Gillette Super Thin (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

First shave with the London Morning a soft soap, made some lovely lather I need to load a little more product on its next outing. The scent reminds me of the T&H Grafton I used yesterday. All in a very nice comfortable shave.

Back
Top Bottom