S.O.T.D. Sat. 7th Sept. to Frid. 13th Sept. 2013

Prep: Cold water
Soap: Speick stick (grated)
Brush: Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
EdT: Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Excellent result. Clean and smooth :)

Tuesday 09-10-13. MUSIC: Blondie - Eat To the Beat.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxJJAQ5ln08[/video]

4d401053-8b17-4acc-824c-a2a31265d5f2.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Gillette Platinum #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Calani Classic Havana - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Tuesday:

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Åžik Bay
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond (4)
Brush: Erasmic
Shave cream: Erasmic
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Army Oud M, Perfume Parlour's clone of Armani Privé Oud Royal

A very fine shave - the cologne has a nice, light oud scent to it.

Tuesday 10th September

SOTD10913_zps2230546f.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick cream bowl lathered
Simpson Hive Manchurian badger brush
Gillette 1930's Aristocrat silver plated
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

A great comfortable shave from the British made Aristocrat very similar to the American made '34' Aristocrat. The Sputniks are my No1 blade, No2 are the Polsilver super iridium. Managed to finish the Speick cream today.

Brian

Prep: hot shower
Brush: Simpson., Polo 14
Razor: Three Crosses and Micromatic GEM for the head
Soap: Tabac
AS: Blue Stratos
Edt: Penhaligon's Castile
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean indeed :D

Shaved the head and face at the same time/pass today ... You really should shave the head first if you want to be able to stretch your skin proper, when shaving the face *blushing*

TUESDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: 1904 Ever Ready SE
Blade: Gem
Brush: Niva extra large Boar
Soap: Arko
A/S: Pitralon Pure
Balm: Simpsons

First time with SE, given to me by a very good friend. Fairly easy and straightforward To find the angle, given the audible clue!

Enjoyable shave, BBS with three passes and touch ups (I always get my best shaves after two days of growth)

Pitralon Gave a nice warm glow with no sting. First try with Simpson Balm, soaked in well with no greasy feel.

Enjoy your evening chaps!

Gillette Aristocrat #15
Gillette 7oc Yellow (2)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Martin de Candre
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Serge Lutens Chergui

A close shave but this is a razor I do have to concentrate with - unlike, say, a Weber. Still on a learning curve with it; it's the least forgiving of any Gillette TTO I've tried. Any Gillette at all, in fact. Chergui is going to get plenty of use this winter.

Burgundy said:
Gillette Aristocrat #15

A close shave but this is a razor I do have to concentrate with - unlike, say, a Weber. Still on a learning curve with it; it's the least forgiving of any Gillette TTO I've tried. Any Gillette at all, in fact.

That's one razor I really wanted to love. Great looking piece that felt solid in my hand, but had just a little bit too much bite for me. Tried a number of different blades but no go.

I keep hearing from guys saying they can get a good shave with any razor......sounds like fiction to me.

Re: RE: S.O.T.D. Sat. 7th Sept. to Frid. 13th Sept. 2013

dodgy said:
Burgundy said:
Gillette Aristocrat #15

A close shave but this is a razor I do have to concentrate with - unlike, say, a Weber. Still on a learning curve with it; it's the least forgiving of any Gillette TTO I've tried. Any Gillette at all, in fact.

That's one razor I really wanted to love. Great looking piece that felt solid in my hand, but had just a little bit too much bite for me. Tried a number of different blades but no go.

I keep hearing from guys saying they can get a good shave with any razor......sounds like fiction to me.
Me too. I used a light touch and took longer and got a not very close shave, on edge the whole time. Really wanted it to work for me.

Hot shower & 3P cream
Tubby 2
Sienna shaving cream suribachi lathered
Super adjustable on 6
Gillette yellow (2)
Paco Rabanne XS splash

Still got that tingle with this cream perhaps it doesn't get on with the 3P cream?

Smooth results

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Feather Artist Club SS - Pro Blade
Culmak Style Butterscotch 20mm Finest
Proraso Red Sandalwood cream (New Formula)
Proraso Green A/S

Bellissimo

Razor: Max Sprecher 10/8 Custom Carbon Fiber
Brush: Simpson T3 Manchurian
Cream: Dr.Harris Windsor
ASB: D&G
EDT: Dr.Harris Windsor

2 passes with a amazing razor that gave me the perfect shave. Youtube clip on this shave tomorrow :).

DSC01446_zpscc2299bb.jpg

NotTheStig said:
dodgy said:
Burgundy said:
Gillette Aristocrat #15

Me too. I used a light touch and took longer and got a not very close shave, on edge the whole time. Really wanted it to work for me.

Yep, they do take longer to shave with because of the extra drama involved. The shave is an uneven one.....extremely close on the easy areas and much less so on the tricky spots, due to not wanting to push the envelope at all. Plus, I flat out hate the huge amount of blade feedback on my face. It's just too intrusive. I mean where's the fun in having all that to deal with.

Hah, saying that, this razor is a real popular one. Lots of people love how that blade feels on their face. I just wish it was a better fit for me. Luckily my buddy pissingin loaned me his to test drive.

Hairsuite said:
TUESDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: 1904 Ever Ready SE
Blade: Gem
Brush: Niva extra large Boar
Soap: Arko
A/S: Pitralon Pure
Balm: Simpsons

First time with SE, given to me by a very good friend. Fairly easy and straightforward To find the angle, given the audible clue!

Enjoyable shave, BBS with three passes and touch ups (I always get my best shaves after two days of growth)

Pitralon Gave a nice warm glow with no sting. First try with Simpson Balm, soaked in well with no greasy feel.

Enjoy your evening chaps!

No need to scare from SE's :)

Back
Top Bottom