Greetings

Monday 28th October 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick E3 Injector
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue SE 2012 Mixed
Soap: Speick Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A really good shave from this E model injector with no collateral damage; this razor is my least favourite Schick and I generally get a couple of weepers.

Regards
Dick

DSC04798.JPG

Monday Morning

Hot shower, Kiehl's Facial Wash
Proraso White Pre
Neep Custom '67 Threepenny bit extra silvertip
Proraso Red Tube
Timor OC
Sputnik #3
Alum, home brewed Menthol WH, Institute Karité ASB
Alt Innsbruck Cologne

Very nice shave as the storm raged. Loving the new Timor and supremely happy with latest fragrance acquisition of the Alt Innsbruck.

Be careful out there

Jon

CelticRoots said:
This compelled me to Google shimming.

It's on the agenda for the next shave now. :)

... simply snip off the sharp edges of an old razor and pop it underneath your working razor. The gap between the blade and the bar/comb will now be expanded, making the razor just a little more aggressive.

I don't have any way of measuring the blade gap, but it is noticeable.

I wonder if there is much merit in trying to cut the blade to an exact width to match the width of the raised area of the plate. I'm sure the shape is for a reason, so the curved top can shape the blade. Luckily, my snipping matched up pretty much perfectly.

This link ranks razor by blade gap: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Double-Edged_Safety_Razors_Ranked_by_Blade_Gap

Granted, blade gap is only one of the equations, but shimming does give a more aggressive shave ... perhaps my 23C is now up to a 34HD? Maybe DE89 with a couple of shims?

Morning all,

Prep with Musgo Real Lime oil soap
Proraso Pre Green
Williams Creme a Raser
Progress with Supermax Blue Diamond
Omega Boar
Aqua Velva AS
Weleda ASB

All good, the weleda is excellent stuff, well worth the invest.

Monday

RazoRock XXX
Semogue 2012 SE
iKon Slant/Weber Bulldog
Sputnik
Blue Stratos AS
Fitjar Mint ASB

Much better shave today than the one yesterday with the Super Speed. Three quick passes and done. I swear this Fitjar ASB is getting more minty, it was eye wateringly minty this morning. Just the thing to kick my backside into gear for a Monday morning.

Monday:

Morning, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: 7 o'clock green (24)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Penhaligon's Endymion
A/S: I Coloniali Ebano Ebano

Thanks for the interest, Isaiah53. It is mental, isn't it? I've got to the stage now where, at the end of the daily routine, I examine my face and then burst out laughing because I've had another irritation-free, very close shave. Absolutely barking. If I make it to the end of the week, that'll be a month with the Gillette blade. What do I do then?

NotTheStig said:
Supermax SM3 triple blade cartridge razor
Turkish no. 6
Sir Irisch Moos shave stick
Blue Stratosphere a/s

Took a punt on this razor as it was £1 in Savers and included 10 cartridges on top of the one loaded in the handle. First pass got me a good shave and after three I am bbs with no irritation!

+1 on the Supermax cartridge. I think if you found yourself accidentally stuck somewhere without your shaving kit, a quick visit to a Savers would provide you with all you need for a decent shave for pocket change.

English Gillette Red Tip Superspeed w/Sputnik
Hand-carved large Ash boar
Boot's Shavebowl
Boot's Freshwood AS
Boot's Freshwood ASB
Mr Taylor's Cologne

Monday 10-28-13. MUSIC: The Velvet Underground & Nico.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SeVvf1x_AQ[/video]

ae91629b-21f6-40bb-b6ec-ce7b46b90dba_zps27ac6cb6.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 28X56 - Gillette Rocket flare tip - Polsilver #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Veleiro - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Floïd - ASL Pinaud Clubman Musk.

The next musical week will be in memorian of Lou Reed, a f***ing genius. :heart:

Monday 28th October

SOTD281013_zps9d443fce.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Nannys Warm Spice hard soap scuttle lathered
Simpson Hive Manchurian badger brush
Gillette NEW long comb British made
Sputnik (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Boots Freshwood aftershave

Comfortable shave all items came together nicely :icon_smile: