Griffo said:
Sunday morning

Clinique face soap
Ej de86
Wilkinson sword blade
Simpsons commodore x2
Wilkinson sword blue tub soap
clinique happy as

Nice shave. The wilko blade was much better today.

Do you like and get on with the Wilkinson blue bowl soap?

I get on fine with the blue tub. I dom't really understand why it's so disliked on shaving forums. I had easy 3 passes and enough for a touch up if needed.

I treat it the same way I do mwf and get a decent lather out if it. It's not the best but I don't seem to have the problems most do. I'm on my second tub so seem to get on ok with it

Sunday

Fitjar Neroli cream
New Forest Tubby 2
Gillette 1940s Super Speed
Feather
Indian Old Spice AS
Fitjar Mint ASB

Massive change of pace from the iKon slant yesterday. I very rarely use the Super Speed and today I was reminded why. I have a fairly tough beard and I don't find it has enough bite. Nice enough result, but took a bit of work to get there. I might move it on soon.

Sunday, 27.x.2013

Predopobarba Proraso
Simfix Grosvenor Super Badger 2-band
PannaCrema Vetiver
vintage Somefa slant razor
Derby Extra
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Manufaktura Beer ASB

P1070824.jpg

Have a great week, gentlemen!

Face wash with Pears soap
Merkur Digress HD B / Polsilver
Simpsons Somerset chubby 1
Penhaligons Sartorial Soap
Proraso Green A/S

Not bad, not bad at all :)

27th Tabactober​
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: Tabac stick
Brush: Semogue 830
Razor: Progress @2.5,2,2
Blade: Rapira SS (3)
After: Proraso AS, RSC ASB

Which is worse, the yellow knob or the Tabac scent? This is an issue for many here but not for me; I think both are great.

Happy Sunday, folks.

Progress-1_zps459c9333.jpg

10519188784_20c0fd9296_z.jpg

Prep
Hot Shower
Real Shaving Co Face Scrub
Proraso Pre Shave Cream

Razor
Merkur 38C

Blade
Personna Super Prep

Brush
Simpons Commodore x3 Best Badger

Soap
Mike's Natural Soaps Bay Rum

Post Shave
Anthony Logistics For Men - Glycerin Hand & Body Lotion (great stuff - works a treat as a post shave balm)
Speick Aftershave

Prep: Hot Shower
Pre: Hot Towel, Proraso Pre shave cream
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap, Warm Spice
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Rapira Super Steel
AS: Nivea Sensitive Post shave balm mixed with Superdrug Sierran Breeze

Awesome BBS, nothing else to report!:icon_razz:

:idea:I tried the idea of mixing my AS balm with the AS and applying it, and it worked really well:idea:

Supermax SM3 triple blade cartridge razor
Turkish no. 6
Sir Irisch Moos shave stick
Blue Stratosphere a/s

Took a punt on this razor as it was £1 in Savers and included 10 cartridges on top of the one loaded in the handle. First pass got me a good shave and after three I am bbs with no irritation!

Prep: FitjarSoap Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Merkur Futur
Cream: Fitjarsoap Frost Rose
Aftershave: Proraso, but forgot to put it on J
Moisturiser: Fitjarsoap Shea Butter Moisturiser.

Today I tried the Frost Rose cream. This is Fitjarsoap's entry to the Sharpologist Scent of 2013 competition.
A very pleasant rose scent, with a touch of menthol in it. Not enough to feel the cold, but just enough to detect a hint of winter. Very elegantly done, I must say.

I also used what is one of my favourite blades. The original Polsilver blade. A very sharp, but also very smooth blade and a joy to use. Too bad it has been discontinued

I was also looking forward to a splash of Proraso to finish of this shave. But sadly I forgot all about it :huh:

27102013_zps571589ee.jpg

... down here, it can get cold, but it's not Nordic cold. I'd want it a little more bracing ... but then, a Nordic winter can be quite ... well ... nice, so well done to Fitjars for getting it right to a fellow countryman. Frost Rose does sound like a good experience.

IMG_3521.JPG

What a good shave! First real go with a shim ... and I'm using up blades.

Hot Towels
Olive Oil PSO*
Palmolive/Ingram's Shaving Cream
Pure Badger Brush
Merkur 23C with my custom fencing handle
PolSilver Super Iridium [4] Shimmed
Hot Rinse
Cold Rinse
Witch Hazel/Olbas Oil Tonic**
Old Spice Aftershave Lotion

Three Pass - 2xWTG, XTG

I've been a spoilt! Having enjoyed a good run of vintage razors recently, I find myself back with the Merkur 23C which is quite a mild razor. Hitting two days of growth, I shimmed it; first, with a Personna 'Lab' [3] which was rough, so ditched that and dropped in a PolSilver Super Iridium [also, 3] which was still smooth and good to go ... it did the job handsomely.

Prior to that, I prepared with hot towels and my olive oil PSO blend* of 75% Olive Oil to 10% Avocado Oil, 5% Coconut Oil, 5% Glycerine and 5% Citrus juices. I also added a drop of Olbas Oil ... you know ... for the chills. Blended Ingram's and Palmolive worked well. giving a cool breeze and a soothing glide. Hot rinse. Cold rinse and a splash of cooling Tonic*, my Witch Hazel and Olbas Oil blend (10 drops in just shy of 100ml) and a glug of glycerine.

Old Spice to finish ... it is Monday tomorrow ... and Monday is for Old Spice.

Back
Top Bottom