Tuesday 17 Sept 2013

Morning Chaps.

Prep: Nivea face wash
Razor: Gillette NEW head on an ally Tech handle
Blade: Gillette Yellow
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Ingrams
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

Second outing for this razor/blade combo. Again, a very good close shave, but one or two weepers this time. First use of this boar brush - very impressive!

Vie-Long Ivory Beehive Silvertip
D.R. Harris Arlington Shaving Cream
Tiffany Bowl
Edwin Jagger Ivory Chatsworth
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge
Speick After Shave Balsam

Friday was my last day in my job of eight years. Next Monday I start a new job in a new industry using the same kinds of skills but more money and closer to home. For this intervening week I decided not to shave for a change and to see how impressive/scruffy i will look by the end of it. My last shave was Thursday night and its looking quite impressive now. I intend to shave it all off Sunday night, probably using something with a bit of bite like a New Improved with a Feather (if I can find a Feather knocking about as they're not a day-to-day favourite; if not probably a Personna Lab Blue).
I am getting a little itching but not very often. There's no grey in it which is a bonus!

Tuesday 09-17-13. MUSIC: Graham Parker.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjtGr41PUws&list=PL35E22BBE74CF3D5F[/video]

68262f78-bd5b-4fae-8151-6582a40bd263.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Merkur 25C - Gillette Platinum #2 - Pre Proraso - Shaving cream vintage Proraso - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Prepost Proraso - ASL Myrsol Fórmula K.

Razor: Heljestrand nr6 6/8
Brush: M&F l7
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
AS: Dr.Harris Sandalwood

i put a 16k shapton finish on this one, and a few laps on 0.25 micron diamond spray on tanned bark. shaved like a dream.
took a photo with my Dino scope on the bevel.

DSC01523_zps9e415434.jpg

HeljestrandEdge_zps07255287.jpg

Face wash with Pears oil-control soap
Cobra Classic - Dorco Blade
Neep #1214 - Aztec Leopard Skin Jasper
Proraso Red Sandalwood cream (New Formula)
Proraso Green A/S

Smashing :icon_cheesygrin:

Prep: Hot wash,
Pre: BBR Pre shave oil
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Body Shop macca root cream
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Permasharp

Not good this morning, can only put it down the the permasharp. First time i've used one, just didn't feel right, still got a close shave, but lots of irritation.

Prep: Bulldog Face Scrub
Razor: iKon Slant with Weber Bulldog Handle
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Neep Stone 26mm Extra Silvertip
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: Skin Bracer

A seriously nice shave.

Prep: Hot wash,
Pre: BBR Pre shave oil
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Body Shop macca root cream
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Permasharp

Not good this morning, can only put it down the the permasharp. First time i've used one, just didn't feel right, still got a close shave, but lots of irritation.

Today was my second go with the CJB. Tragedy struck when I removed the head plate to clean it, the tension spring that holds the whole assembly together snapped. I got hold of the seller who offered to replace the broken razor, so it's a minor set back. I don't know how many CJB and Sam Seong razor owners purchased their gear from Purosdave on eBay, but he's a good guy who is quick to respond to emails and does his best to answer any questions and right any wrongs.

I used Shave Secret as a preshave and D.R. Harris Arlington soap whipped with my mixed loft boar/badger brush. The razor, obviously, was the CJB with a Feather Professional blade on shave #2. I finished up with some SAL Alum and Simpson's ASB. Two passes (wtg/atg) resulted in a BBS shave with zero nicks and minor irritation on my jaw line. I'm getting to know this razor pretty well and I'm really liking it. I'm sad that it will be gone for a while, but I'm happy that I'll be getting a nice new replacement. I've already ordered a Feather plastic protector case and some Feather Super Pro blades, so when the replacement comes in I will be all set to welcome it home.

Pre: Hot shower, warm water splash, and Shave Secret
Razor: CJB
Blade: Feather Professional
Brush: Mixed loft boar/badger
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington

7enadype.jpg

Prep shower hot towel and bluebeards shave oil

Coolcut4 shavette with wilkinson sword blade.

Bluebeards shave cream

FS Badger brush

Nivea sensitive post shave balm.

Unusual for me but have shaved twice today, this morning was a single pass as I was at a meeting and didn't want to risk it.

Tonight was a double pass. Both caused minimal bleeding, which I could stop with the cold towel. Not BBS but very satisfactory.

Back
Top Bottom