Room 101

With regards to blue badges, they don't entitle you to park anywhere do they?

People near where I live park on double yellows, outside a post office which is really busy, so there's often 5-6 cars parked both sides of the road, half on the kerbs. This makes it a nightmare to pull out of the roads either side of the post office as you cannot see what's coming.

People put their blue badges on the dash and think it entitles them to park there, I'm pretty sure it doesn't?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

SmallBeard said:

People near where I live park on double yellows, outside a post office which is really busy, so there's often 5-6 cars parked both sides of the road, half on the kerbs. This makes it a nightmare to pull out of the roads either side of the post office as you cannot see what's coming.

People put their blue badges on the dash and think it entitles them to park there, I'm pretty sure it doesn't?

Three hours on single or double yellow lines except where there are loading restrictions.

chrisbell said:
SmallBeard said:

Three hours on single or double yellow lines except where there are loading restrictions.

Thanks Chris, wasn't too sure.

Re: RE: Room 101

Bechet45 said:
You seem to be in fantasy-land again.

I don't fantasise about elderly men driving in the middle lane for no good reason late at night, to be honest, Carl.

You said "rules are for fools and the guidance of wise men", which I take to mean you feel they don't apply to you; and said that you in fact ignore them. You have noted that your behaviour, when ignoring the rules, irritates others (from their response if not from this thread), and complained that some of their resulting behaviour troubles you. Where exactly am I fantasising?

As I get older I find the truth in the following in the following to gain more and more validity: "The unexamined life is the only one worth living."
The more we look into ourselves, the less we see ourselves.

(G.. That was deep.)

Dr Rick said:
Bechet45 said:
You seem to be in fantasy-land again.

I don't fantasise about elderly men driving in the middle lane for no good reason late at night, to be honest, Carl.

You said "rules are for fools and the guidance of wise men", which I take to mean you feel they don't apply to you; and said that you in fact ignore them. You have noted that your behaviour, when ignoring the rules, irritates others (from their response if not from this thread), and complained that some of their resulting behaviour troubles you. Where exactly am I fantasising?

Shit, this is tedious - so here are my last words on the matter.

You said "rules are for fools and the guidance of wise men", which I take to mean you feel they don't apply to you; - fantasy - of course they apply to me, ask any policeman.

and said that you in fact ignore them. - tell me where. Of course I don't ignore them.

You have noted that your behaviour, when ignoring the rules, irritates others (from their response if not from this thread), and complained that some of their resulting behaviour troubles you. - You compound fantasy upon fantasy. Some posts in this thread and behaviour observed on the road and the general behaviour of Government prompted my remarks, which I suppose are the ones you are fantasising about.

In the real world, Rick, I avoid night driving like the plague. Being retired and thus having time at my disposal, I'll check into a hotel and maintain my beauty sleep regime rather than drive along motorways in the dead of night, if at all possible. Sometimes, 'tain't and I drive along the centre lane of an empty motorway. I'm not aware that to do so is to break any rule and anyway, who cares - no-one else is about. If a speeding motorist - and s/he'd have to be speeding, if you catch my drift - catches up to me they may over-take me in the slow lane, fast-lane and I really don't care. I've seen them coming for miles, we're all big boys and girls to be driving at speed at that time of night, we have a vested interest in not getting killed and all is well. I suppose one night I may get a testosterone enriched young yarhoo wanting to fuck me about but I have wisdom and experience enough to deal with such behaviour in a safe manner. I have driven all over the worlld, including on the mostly lawless roads of Kuwait and India, and never had an accident, been abused beyod a horn honked or lights flashed.

If I wanted aggro on the road, I'd drive during the daily rush hours - but I don't so I don't. A woman friend still at work uses flexi-time to avoid rush hour behaviour. I'm sure all you workers know what it is like. I don't have to endure such shitty behaviour. Retirement is nice in lots of ways.

Hugs and kisses to you, Rick. Go peacefully.

Lose the beard said:
NotTheStig said:
Surprised me as I don't work for Lloyd's or have any dealings with them. My wife reads the local papers and was surprised. I just hoped my experience would transfer over.

That's fair enough. I was really referring to all the Lloyds staff and the Union who after it was announced claimed it came as a complete surprise. They've been moving all the core functions out of Southend for a couple of years now. Whereas I used to go to meetings there a lot, they are now usually in London or Brighton. I know a lot of the affected staff so it is still sad to see it go. Many Years back I worked in that building, not for Lloyds though.

My wife worked in Essex House when she transferred over from Tradegar Park in Newport and hated working there. I think all but one of the original intake she started with have since left there. My wife had to go back to Newport for family reasons but decided to leave Lloyds and subsequently moved all her accounts out as well.

Bechet45 said:
and said that you in fact ignore them. - tell me where. Of course I don't ignore them.

Hugs and kisses to you, Rick. Go peacefully.

I must have misunderstood. I thought this whole discussion to have been started by you talking about why you ignore the rules on keeping left (and then complaining about being cut up by people who, presumably, objected).

Peace also to you, brother.

Adverts on YouTube! I don't mind sponsored links, etc. but I'm a bit fed up of having to wait 30 secs before a song starts. I'd happily pay a nominal fee to be rid of them (thinking something like £10 per year... multiply it by the n million users and it would surely make it worth their while)

ChopperHarris said:
Adverts on YouTube! I don't mind sponsored links, etc. but I'm a bit fed up of having to wait 30 secs before a song starts. I'd happily pay a nominal fee to be rid of them (thinking something like £10 per year... multiply it by the n million users and it would surely make it worth their while)

Ship this ad in 5 secs....longest 5 seconds ever!
Is it possible to pay to get rid of them?

thrifty said:
ChopperHarris said:

Not that I'm aware... wish you could!

People not leaving feedback on Fleabay after you've left them some. Lazy gits!

ChopperHarris said:
thrifty said:
ChopperHarris said:

Have a look at 'Adblock'. Gets rid of them totally.

Make sure you disable it for TSR though. :D

a close shave said:
Can i put old men smoking a pipe, wearing a trilby & driving a Nissan Micra in please....

As long as we can put the knob in the Mazda open top that over took three cars in a row all doing 40 in a 40 this morning. This was approaching a bend on a road which is often Police Speed checked, never a copper around when you need one. What a dick !!!

Tall_Paul said:
People not leaving feedback on Fleabay after you've left them some. Lazy gits!

ChopperHarris said:
thrifty said:
ChopperHarris said:

Have a look at 'Adblock'. Gets rid of them totally.

Make sure you disable it for TSR though. :D

Does Adblock work for the video ads on YouTube? It's those we were talking about rather than the standard click throughs. If so, you've just enabled me!

Back
Top Bottom