Pocket knife

Now I bet those scales wouldn't be the easiest to clean after hard use but my goodness, they're gorgeous! Lovely shade of wood but the leaves and carved branches steal the show. Are the leaves nickel silver? Stunning Japanese finery. Now I'm not the most observant of sorts but even I've noticed a Japanese theme occurring throughout all your 'sharps'. I'd love to tie a leather snake knot with Chinese button and loop lanyard on that beauty, would just finish it off.

Hi Graeme the cherry blossom inlays are also VG10 stainless steel, even though the knife could be put to practical use, I purchased the knife purely as a collector piece, I have seriously thinned my knife collection out over the last year, I now have it totally under control. PS trouble is my Japanese knife collection is getting smaller but my Japanese razor collection is getting bigger, but if I'm honest I have a lot more use and fun using my razors than my knives.

Jamie

pugh-the-special-one said:
Hi Graeme the cherry blossom inlays are also VG10 stainless steel, even though the knife could be put to practical use, I purchased the knife purely as a collector piece, I have seriously thinned my knife collection out over the last year, I now have it totally under control.

Jamie

VG10 inlays! The Japanese don't do things by half measures. Of course it would be cherry blossom as the Japanese are the finest breeders of such trees and they are such a huge part of the culture over their. Missed that one. :icon_rolleyes:

Take it your down to under a hundred then, are you? :angel:

My current carry knife is Spyderco Stretch (Carbon Fibre with ZDP-189 steel) which I got a few days ago.

Memory loss has kicked in, but I'm nearly sure that I had two of these before during my crazy buy & sell days and always regretted not having one since, cos they're probably the finest knife I've ever owned!

I do love those Klotzli & Mcusta knives Jamie owns and photographs an odd time with his shave gear. I'm determined to get a Damascus pocket knife from one of them!

Mark

Roefisher said:
My current carry knife is Spyderco Stretch (Carbon Fibre with ZDP-189 steel) which I got a few days ago.

Memory loss has kicked in, but I'm nearly sure that I had two of these before during my crazy buy & sell days and always regretted not having one since, cos they're probably the finest knife I've ever owned!

I do love those Klotzli & Mcusta knives Jamie owns and photographs an odd time with his shave gear. I'm determined to get a Damascus pocket knife from one of them!

Mark

Hi Mark,

That's a very nice EDC you have and ZDP-189 is one of the great steels, the Japanese really know how to make steel, I can only dream what a straight razor would shave like if they decided to use that steel, I really like the high end Spyderco knives, they really have great ergonomics and are truly fit for purpose.

Jamie

Thank you, mate - much appreciated. I always thought Spyderco knives were fantastic value for what you get, and I also love the comfort of their designs. ZDP-189 takes and holds some edge, doesn't it...:heart:

I have a notion of another Spyderco then I'm probably going for a Damascus Mcusta sometime later - you've tempted me into getting one of them!

Mark

my my some beautiful knives in here boys...

I carry my issued Gerber Multi and then i also carry around a Smith and Wesson M&P Spring assisted... but i really want a Benchmade or Case knife soon

My Christmas Knife and my first Spyderco.

Pingo_zpsc241dbed.jpg

Non-threatening in looks, N690 steel, nice 'n light and one of my favourite blade shapes or a slight variation there of. The ergonomics are also impressive as is to be expected from a Vox collaboration.

Going back in time! I was referring to British Blades as BB earlier, though I gathered some of the responses were for the other BB.

Count of Undolpho said:
My Christmas Knife and my first Spyderco.

Pingo_zpsc241dbed.jpg

Non-threatening in looks, N690 steel, nice 'n light and one of my favourite blade shapes or a slight variation there of. The ergonomics are also impressive as is to be expected from a Vox collaboration.

Going back in time! I was referring to British Blades as BB earlier, though I gathered some of the responses were for the other BB.

Very nice knife Count, enjoy it!

I've been quite tempted by the Pingo myself. Unusual for a Spyderco, in that it's not a one-hand-opener. Designed specifically for the Danish market with their rules on non-locking, non OHO knives. A great example of how Spyderco adapt their offerings for different countries with increasingly strict knife laws. The Pingo has received much praise on British Blades :icon_smile:

It's a beauty, coped with everything I've thrown at it so far. It can be OHO with a pinch to the half stop and then push the rest of the way using the jimping on the ricasso, which is slow enough not to make it look like a flick knife whilst still being functional.
I need to drop in at BBlades and let Willem know how I'm getting on with the Kroo Mini-Parang.

Sunburyboy93 said:
I know that they are not pocket knives, but if anyone wants an excellent well built knife for a great price:

Hultafors Craftsman Knife:

79114a5a50f7f1177620f84c4473b7f9.jpg

Hultafors Craftsman Heavy Duty Knife:

0002107_hultafors-craftmans-knife-heavy-duty-gk.jpeg

Mora Companion Knife:

prod_5499.jpg

These are Solid Well Built Knives, Ninja Sharp and cheap as chips !!!!

I have a Mora, nice knife which I use for camping.

It came nice and sharp but a parent helper on Cub Camp borrowed it!!!!

When I got it back it had a few dinks in the edge. It was easily sharpened and the dinks removed. Which served as a lesson for me, never lend you knife to anyone !! Don't forget this is an illegal blade whilst out in the general public. I forgot I had mine on my belt when I had to go to Tesco for further supplies whilst on Camp. I got a few strange looks and quickly realised.

Northam Saint said:

When I got it back it had a few dinks in the edge. It was easily sharpened and the dinks removed. Which served as a lesson for me, never lend you knife to anyone !! Don't forget this is an illegal blade whilst out in the general public. I forgot I had mine on my belt when I had to go to Tesco for further supplies whilst on Camp. I got a few strange looks and quickly realised.

oops yes should of put that, shame, wonder how the law stands if you had this in with a tool box in the car and were pulled over and it was discovered.....?

i would love to keep one of those Hultafors in my work bag, you never know when you want a good knife, shame that the actions of a stupid minority mess it up for everyone else....

Sunburyboy93 said:
Northam Saint said:

oops yes should of put that, shame, wonder how the law stands if you had this in with a tool box in the car and were pulled over and it was discovered.....?

i would love to keep one of those Hultafors in my work bag, you never know when you want a good knife, shame that the actions of a stupid minority mess it up for everyone else....

I think if you were pulled over and it's in a box in the boot and you have reason your ok. Simply having it in the glove box or under your seat and your looking for trouble. Mine goes in a toolbox with my firelighting kit along with other knives and a small axe. I only take the toolbox if its a Cub event and I'm usually in uniform.

Back
Top Bottom