Pocket knife

ive got a kroo coming inbound from Willem....its killing me the wait

carbon fibre scales.....this is my last...gonna get rid of the rest...too be honest worth very little

In cars, from what I've been told, it comes down to - if it's in reach you're in trouble, so as you say in the boot, in the tool kit whatever the reason.

Mora's are perfect for lending to people, bomb proof and cheap. Rather than never lend a knife again Northam Saint why not carry one of the under £10 ones as a loaner and offer to help/show them how it's done? My main worry when lending out knives is making sure people know THEY ARE VERY SHARP. People coming back sliced makes me feel like I was careless.

n1vlo I have a couple of Kroo knives; a friction folder, sodbuster style and the Mini Parang. I'm very fond of them both, you can tell they aren't factory produced and they function beautifully and Willem comes across a decent sort.
It'll be worth the wait.

Well following Sunbury's post I bought a Hulfators Carbon Steel Craftsman knife
31bwWKwKxgL._SL500_.jpg

I got it for £6.04, it was sharp on arrival but I took it to a Spyderco Ceramic Whetstone (fine) and now its shaving arm hair with ease.

I wouldn't want to make it much sharper but I suspect I could, nice recommendation. I'll now oil the blade so it doesn't rust.

nice.

let us know how the edge lasts

(temped to try this but doubt they will let us use them at work)

some sites ban stanleys/phones but what they dont know cant hurt them

spyderco byrd tern here for sale if anyone is interested...in the box...barely used...desk knife..£16.95 delivered

like this.

http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?P_ID=7242

if anyone is interested ....must be over 18 to apply

I like the simplicity of sodbuster knives, and this one caught my eye as I was browsing the Heinnie site recently. An Italian made Maserin Marinera.

Traditional looks, attractive olive wood scales that feel great in the hand, and it was very sharp out of the box. Usual excellent service from Heinnie.

p1241143.jpg

p1241144.jpg

Enjoy reading about all your knives. I use to carry a small picket knife with me for years(decades) but then got transfer to a job were I had to walk through a metal detector to get in and out of. Even had to turn my keys in and use a magnetic card. So a knife was out of the question. After about 10 years of that I just stopped carrying one at all.
Times change. (My main utensil though is still a spoon -sad) .

Iv'e had the same Taylors Eye Witness pocket knife for the past twenty years (sadly with today's society I don't carry it around any more, haven't done for a number of years). Its got black horn scales and a Sheffield Steel carbon steel blade, and although its a bit worn it will easily take a razor sharp edge, although Iv'e purchased other knives over the years, they have not been a patch on the Taylors. I'm not sure about the modern Taylors knives, but the old ones were really good quality and built to last.

Good thread, some nice knives here.

I've carried a knife since I was 7 - a little pearl handled fruit knife at first, then some serious Swedish steel

Being of Norwegian stock this is what I currently crave:

http://www.helle.no/products/knives/dokka/

Someone PIF me one, please. :angel:

bubbathemoose said:
Iv'e had the same Taylors Eye Witness pocket knife for the past twenty years (sadly with today's society I don't carry it around any more, haven't done for a number of years). Its got black horn scales and a Sheffield Steel carbon steel blade, and although its a bit worn it will easily take a razor sharp edge, although Iv'e purchased other knives over the years, they have not been a patch on the Taylors. I'm not sure about the modern Taylors knives, but the old ones were really good quality and built to last.

The modern ones are much the same - workhorses!

Rev-O said:
Good thread, some nice knives here.

I've carried a knife since I was 7 - a little pearl handled fruit knife at first, then some serious Swedish steel

Being of Norwegian stock this is what I currently crave:

http://www.helle.no/products/knives/dokka/

Someone PIF me one, please. :angel:

Those Helle knives are very reasonably priced, Hiennie Haynes carry a good selection if you are interested. http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Helle-Knives/c-1-92-150/

Jamie

This is my daily knife, worn in a sheath on my belt. Rarely a day goes by when it's unused:
20130129_201253_zps0ad825c5.jpg

I like this knife, but only occasionally carry it. It's just not as versatile as the Leatherman:
20130129_201316_zpsdd7b2470.jpg

This is what I use to keep them sharp. Probably sacrilege to blade gurus, bur it works for me:
20130129_201348_zps39b8cf45.jpg

I tried using this for sharpening, but found it difficult to get a good edge:
20130129_202426_zps19bba259.jpg

Back
Top Bottom