Pocket knife

I'm a member, but if I'm honest I only use it to buy and sell, I really don't have anytime for the moderation on that site, and in fact if I didn't buy and occasionally sell on there I wouldn't ever visit the place. the TSR is one of the nicest and best run forums out there, but I must say I really do like the Straight razor place in the good old USA.

Yes, I agree on the moderation front especially now that they've stopped ordinary folks selling. Informative place though. Does anyone use Bernie Garland's UK Blades forum? Been looking for pictures of the posh pocket knife my wife got me last year for my Birthday. It's a lovely English walnut scaled friction folder with brass liners & pins, sub 3 inch scandi grind on 3mm O1 stock with gorgeous vine-style file work on the spine and Joel's special etching using vinegar & garlic pieces on the flats. Can't find the ruddy pictures anywhere! :mad:

Count of Undolpho said:
Is there anyone on this particular thread who hasn't been a BB member?

TSR is the only forum I've ever been a member of. From my few "look ins" at B & B it seems as if a lot of the members are well knowledgeable and friendly enough, however I don't doubt I'd be "immoderately moderated" by about my 2nd post !

JohnnyO. \:blush:

Count of Undolpho said:
Is there anyone on this particular thread who hasn't been a BB member?

Seeing as this thread is about pocket knives, I believe Count is referring to British Blades, the UK knife forum, as opposed to the infamous Badger & Blade.

If that's the case, then yes I am a member of British Blades. I only joined recently, and from my experience so far it is a friendly and informative forum.

As for Badger & Blade, I've never been, nor will ever be a member of such a rabidly moderated shaving forum. TSR suits me just fine :icon_smile:

I would like to show you a little favourite of mine a very very small handmade Japanese Moki classic backlock pocket knife with strawberry jigged bone handles and mirror polished Japanese VG10 blade, the blade only measures 2 1/2 inches long and comes with a beautiful linen and leather lined carry pouch, I've owned the knife for many years, It's such a little jewel I can't bring myself to use it, thank god I have a few UK legal EDC knives, they no longer make this knife and it went out of production some time ago, well I very much hope you like looking at this little marvel as much as I do.

Jamie.

001-6.jpg

004-7.jpg

002-6.jpg

005-8.jpg

Jamie that's beautiful, I only own two letterman waves. One original with fixed bits, and one new one with interchangeable bits. They were used daily for work but haven't seen action for a while since my career change.

The fit and finish look superb but its not my thing really. Blade is very nice (never been lucky enough to own a VG10 bladed knife) and the shape too but I'm not keen on the scales. Just a YMMV thing and as long as you love it then it doesn't matter what I think. Thanks for showing though, you take excellent pictures.

:blush:

Gairdner said:
The fit and finish look superb but its not my thing really. Blade is very nice (never been lucky enough to own a VG10 bladed knife) and the shape too but I'm not keen on the scales. Just a YMMV thing and as long as you love it then it doesn't matter what I think. Thanks for showing though, you take excellent pictures.

:blush:

Thanks I really like VG10 steel, as it takes a wonderful edge and is one of the best steels for polishing to a mirror finish, the Japanese really know how to make quality steel.

Jamie.

This is another knife I've owned for many years, a limited edition Mcusta LMC 120D
one of only 80 produced, you can imagine they sold out pretty fast, I purchased it directly from Japan, I think now you can see my connection and liking for Japanese straight razors, as I collected Japanese knives long before razors, the steel is VG10 not like a true damascus but 36 layers of a clad VG10 overlaid on to the blade which in my opinion would be far more difficult to do than produce a piece of ordinary Damascus steel. The wood is Cocobolo and stainless steel inlaid cherry blossoms, and liner lock, also includes a little silk carrying purse.

Jamie

McustaLMC001.jpg

McustaLMC004.jpg

McustaLMC002.jpg

McustaLMC005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom