Phoenix and Beau: Menthol soap testers required

In a two words; it's cold!

And so it should be, really. I've increased the quantity of menthol and camphor by 3 and 2.5 respectively. The Eucalyptus and peppermint were increased marginally although I think I'll increase the latter as, to me, it's too faint to the nose. It's certainly a cold affair and one that builds with each pass. In fact, I knew it was better from the off and as soon as I rubbed the blooming water in to my face the menthol and camphor began to introduce themselves :D

The coldness is a creeping one that intensifies with each pass / application of lather. If you're of the cold water shaving persuasion you'll find that that will magnify the sensation even further. On my post shave application of cold water it felt as though I'd plunged my head in to a glacial lake.

Quite wonderful!

I'll get the samples out to our testers (below) first thing in the morning. Hope you enjoy, chaps.
  1. @Nico1970
  2. @Holyzeus
  3. @Mr_Smartepants
  4. @Electrif
  5. @Burgundy
  6. @Scowley
  7. @jh83
  8. @JayGee
  9. @wayne mattison
  10. @Askegi
  11. @Nishy
  12. @CMOT
  13. @MPH
  14. @Kamp

Kindest regards,

Kerry.

Lets burn some more of that midnight oil with a quick message to our 'Denali' testers,
  1. @Nico1970
  2. @Holyzeus
  3. @Mr_Smartepants
  4. @Electrif
  5. @Burgundy
  6. @Scowley
  7. @jh83
  8. @JayGee
  9. @wayne mattison
  10. @Askegi
  11. @Nishy
  12. @CMOT
  13. @MPH
  14. @Kamp
Gents, your samples went out yesterday via the Royal Mail and should be with you very soon (@Kamp yours might be a day or so behind the others, buddy but that's only because you're in The Netherlands). To be mindful of when testing version 3, please is how I'm trying to strike that balance between not wanting to terrify folk who are new to mentholated soap against those of the craziest of menthol heads that we have lurking these part.. :eek::D It won't hit absolute zero and make your face want to fall off but it'll certainly cool it down and leave you feeling refreshed.

Where does it sit on the scale? I'll let you all tell me that ;)

I really hope you enjoy the soap as much as I have. Oh, last point, I will definitely be turning the peppermint up!

Kindest regards,

Kerry.

Well it has arrived. Thanks @phoenixandbeau Definitely more menthol. It smells nice I like it. There is also another scent coming through... haven't placed it, but could seem to me to be a sweet, citrusy type of smell lurking in n the background??

To be fair I don't think my nose is wired up properly though...

Can't wait to use it.

Well it has arrived. Thanks @phoenixandbeau Definitely more menthol. It smells nice I like it. There is also another scent coming through... haven't placed it, but could seem to me to be a sweet, citrusy type of smell lurking in n the background??

To be fair I don't think my nose is wired up properly though...

Can't wait to use it.
Morning @MPH the profile is menthol, camphor, eucalyptus and peppermint. It could be anyone of those, buddy. Enjoy! :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Received mine today too, perfect timing for tonight's shave, after the glorious sunshine were experiencing. Having only smelt it through the envelope I definitely get peppermint and menthol.

Will be interesting to see how the lather reacts to these high levels of menthol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom