Phoenix and Beau: Menthol soap testers required

Thanks chaps. You should see the labels for Denali and Albion! They're magnificent. Re the Albion scent profile, all I'll say for now is the scent description begins with the word "Assam"..

Happy shaving!

KB.

Oh Kerry you tease. Can't wait, especially seeing as the hotter weather has seen me breaking out cold water shaves and Proraso green soap and preshave.

I enjoyed the scent of Denali, fingers crossed you've made it colder ;)

I don't personally understand the point of the menthol additives.

hide a bad shave? from bad razor choice or bad razor control ? or to hide that the soap doesn't protect as it should?

I don't personally understand the point of the menthol additives.

hide a bad shave? from bad razor choice or bad razor control ? or to hide that the soap doesn't protect as it should?
A menthol soap (or certainly my own) is designed to introduce a hyper cooling element to the shave. It's a cold, invigorating and thoroughly refreshing experience and great for warmer climbs or the three days of summer we have here in Blighty. If anything the introduction of menthol to a soap formula can often impact on the soaps ability to protect and so it's a tricky matter of balancing those two aspects out; coldness versus protection.

Hope that helps @Bezoar

from the American "artisanal" soap reviews ive seen,
Its just a marketing gimmick at best or at worsts is simply a way to make people want to buy a soap that otherwise is unusable for anything but hand washing. Ive seen quite a few people who rave and moan about how wonderful a particular soap is once they ad menthol crystals to it, and suddenly what they called a "worthless mediocre hand soap" the previous year is now " the best shave in the world with no razor burn whatsoever once they ad a half cup of menthol crystals to a 4oz tub of soap.

Ive seen quite a few people who rave and moan about how wonderful a particular soap is once they ad menthol crystals to it, and suddenly what they called a "worthless mediocre hand soap" the previous year is now " the best shave in the world with no razor burn whatsoever once they ad a half cup of menthol crystals to a 4oz tub of soap.

Do you mean this happened once the manufacturer added some menthol to their product - or once the user added some menthol to a soap after having bought one?

Back
Top Bottom