Phoenix and Beau: Menthol soap testers required

Got mine today and used it earlier. Lathered up a treat and gives off a gorgeous minty menthol aroma, cushioning and glide were as good as first sample. Definitely feels colder, cold enough for me but the menthol freaks will probably moan :) Post shave my skin felt soft and supple. I'll definitely be buying some as I need another soap to keep the other sixty company. Once again thanks to Kerry for samples.

Got mine today and used it earlier. Lathered up a treat and gives off a gorgeous minty menthol aroma, cushioning and glide were as good as first sample. Definitely feels colder, cold enough for me but the menthol freaks will probably moan :) Post shave my skin felt soft and supple. I'll definitely be buying some as I need another soap to keep the other sixty company. Once again thanks to Kerry for samples.
Won't please them all @Askegi :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Got mine also Today, just used it and felt the tingle from the 3th pass 1 and 2 pass not so much, have to be more then the first sample but sorry Kerry I did not notice it, offcorse the soap is good but for me not enough menthol sorry Kerry!

Just used my sample. I get a soap base smell along side the peppermint and menthol. I don't quite get the camphor. Soap requires a lot of water, more so than the others. The lather is good but the menthol definitely stops it exploding. Took quite a while to build up the lather. I used a boar brush so will try a badger tomorrow (should hold more water). I am a menthol freak so if this was for me it would be tuned up, probably 5 times colder. Currently I would say it isn't as cold as Sterling's offerings, definitely colder than Proraso but like you mention it's a slow build up. Post shave is spot on, no dryness or irritation.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi

I tried it just now and I like it. It seems less pepperminty than the last one, and I think there is more menthol. I do not find the menthol too much, I suspect it is just about right for me.

The soap lathered very well, and face fel is superb. I prefer it to the last batch (from what I remember!) and if it was for sale in this guise I would happily buy it!

Good skills!

Matt

If I may can I ask that, like @Nishy has done, could you say if you're a menthol head or not, please. This will help me with the balancing of the final version of Denali.

Best regards,

Kerry.

I tried my sample last night and tonight. This one definitely has a bit more menthol kick that the last sample but still nowhere near enough for me. That said, it is probably fine for most 'normal' folk!

I do like the peppermint scent though and it goes without saying that general performance, as usual, is excellent and post shave feel refreshingly clean and sharp.

And, yessir, I'm a fully paid up member of the menthol asylum!

My sample arrived today. Looking forward to tomorrow morning, thanks Kerry.

1st impressions, I like the smell of this one a lot more.
It's got a complexity to it , the previous version was exactly mentos sweets.
This is a lot more sophisticated.

Tried mine this morning. No problems getting an excellent lather with my EJ XL synthetic. Definitely more menthol than the last version and for me as a non menthol junkie I would say it's spot on. Colder than Proraso but not going to cause permanent neurological damage or anaesthesia. Menthol strength aside, there is something a little "musty" in the background on this sample. Not sure what is going on but I will leave it out in the open a bit and see what happens. Fragrance wise I would say for me as it stands this is nothing special but for shave quality and menthol strength it is really very good. Hopefully with a little time resting in the open air the mustiness will go and we'll see what it's like then.

Tried mine this morning. No problems getting an excellent lather with my EJ XL synthetic. Definitely more menthol than the last version and for me as a non menthol junkie I would say it's spot on. Colder than Proraso but not going to cause permanent neurological damage or anaesthesia. Menthol strength aside, there is something a little "musty" in the background on this sample. Not sure what is going on but I will leave it out in the open a bit and see what happens. Fragrance wise I would say for me as it stands this is nothing special but for shave quality and menthol strength it is really very good. Hopefully with a little time resting in the open air the mustiness will go and we'll see what it's like then.
The mustiness you can detect I can almost guarantee will be the eucalyptus :) My nose finds the same thing with anything containing eucalyptus of any kind, including Proraso Green.

Back
Top Bottom