Phoenix and Beau: Menthol soap testers required

I had my second shave last night and haven't changed opinion. I think it is a lovely soap that is cooling without going OTT. It could go up a notch or two in coolness but not by much if it is to be considered a soap for the average user.

As I mentioned when discussing the last sample, and others have also.... I would leave anything much cooler for an occasional LE for the hard-core!!! ;-)

Matt

Second shave with the V3 today.

It was a bit cold this morning so baulked at the idea of a cold water shave.

The soap was fantastic as usual and it was complemented by a bank holiday weekend without shaving.

The cold water rinse after my two pass shave was refreshing and to be honest I don't know if colder would be enjoyable thinking about it.

You have a good soap here Kerry, probably my favourite P&B. I think you would be good to go as is, or a little tweak here or there (Scent and cooling) could make it great.

I will try a cold water shave if it gets a little warmer, or I feel a little braver.

Third shave with the Denali today.

I was going for a Pre work run so opted to shave beforehand. (I don't have nice shaves if I shave after a run. I guess my red puffy face doesn't help.)

Seeing as I wasn't going to shower before my run I couldn't carry out my Nanny's Old Grey Bristle Test soap to face wash. Instead I just gave the mug a warm water splash. (Bottled a cold water shave.)

The lack of any great prep didn't stand in the way of Denali and I had another great 2 pass shave.

The other thought that occurred to me today is that although the lather is cool the real coldness comes from the cold water rinse at the end. Today I even hesitated beforehand.
With this in mind I think that is the selling point if the formulation stays the same.

One of my local testers of Denali reported back on the latest version. Being a bald chap he has a little more surface area to shave and I thought I'd share his comments that he made this morning:

"Ah, I got out for a run this morning and when I got back for my shower I thought I'd give Denali a go. You're right, it is colder. In fact I found it so nice I just stood there with the lather all over my head and face and didn't want to shave".

He said he stood like that for four or five minutes :eek::)

One of my local testers of Denali reported back on the latest version. Being a bald chap he has a little more surface area to shave and I thought I'd share his comments that he made this morning:

"Ah, I got out for a run this morning and when I got back for my shower I thought I'd give Denali a go. You're right, it is colder. In fact I found it so nice I just stood there with the lather all over my head and face and didn't want to shave".

He said he stood like that for four or five minutes :eek::)
Could be a new product for keeping wrinkles at bay :D Freezes the face much like botox :cool::cool:

Second go with the sample today and my original thoughts still stand. If you like you could have the rest of my sample. Sounds like a worthwhile test for P+B. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
Many thanks for the sample. Just cold water shaved with it.
Some thoughts. Firstly it doesn't like cold water lathering , it was hard work and only started to become anything like the quality of usual p&b when it was warming up. My wife hates the smell of the sample but likes the post shave scent, strong mint tones coming through. One for the summer. I did a three pass and touch up shave and the cooling certainly grows throughout. The final cold water splash was like putting my head in an ice bucket. During the shave however I would like it a touch colder. Not a lot or the final pass would sneak into uncomfortable rather than refreshing.
The good news though is I have zero irritation. I will try a hot water shave also to see if any irritation occurs but so far, excellent and almost cold enough....

Back
Top Bottom