Closed Passaround : Muhle R41 COMPLETE

I don't need anything to cope with Chewbacca growth. Any suggestions for a less aggressive open comb? Maybe something a bit more aggressive than the EJ DE89?

I don't need anything to cope with Chewbacca growth. Any suggestions for a less aggressive open comb? Maybe something a bit more aggressive than the EJ DE89?

I do happen to have the 89 (and an R41) and think I can confidently answer that....Wolfman...see current PassAround for specs on that particular razor. Trouble is you have to wait till Feb.16 to get on the waiting list then wait many months more before it arrives. And it's not cheap - especially with 20%VAT, postage and the Royal Mail charge added on.

However at least one other member, to my certain knowledge, is bowled over by the ATT R2 and also by the slant ATT, the S2.

I do have the S2 slant and wouldn't part with it but am looking forward to trying an R2 in the foreseeable. Could be the answer to your requirements.

Thanks for the info. I think the Wolfman passaround is now closed. I did consider putting my name forward for that and the feather but decided against it as even though I've been a member for a while I tend to lurk and read rather than post much so wasn't sure they'd offer me such expensive razors.

Thanks for the info. I think the Wolfman passaround is now closed. I did consider putting my name forward for that and the feather but decided against it as even though I've been a member for a while I tend to lurk and read rather than post much so wasn't sure they'd offer me such expensive razors.

I don't think think you'd have been remotely unsuitable for a PassAround... but just reading throught the reviews and expressions of opinion in the thread (and lots of others elsewhere) will give you quite an inkling. Be assured that the Feather is anything but aggressive - even with a Feather blade in it.. But the strange thing is it really does work - possibly an extra pass or a little extra pressure - and certainly a different (more acute) angle required, but it's a lovely thing to use.

Gillette OLD type. Preferably with thin cap although the later thick caps are good as well.

Those Old Types are popular I know, but they are pretty aggressive and I understand not far off from the R41. Heh, I found the thin capped ones have even more bite,

Maybe have the OP go for a long tooth New head. Really popular and effective but more forgiving than the Old Types. Not expensive either and plenty of nice handles to choose from if you like the head.

Martin

I wouldn't say OLD's were 'pretty aggressive' mate. They're pretty effective though and smooth and comfortable. The thin caps are most comfortable. Very easy to use. They're nowt as dangerous as my Fatip.

I wouldn't say OLD's were 'pretty aggressive' mate. They're pretty effective though and smooth and comfortable. The thin caps are most comfortable. Very easy to use. They're nowt as dangerous as my Fatip.

Those things are effective all right....that's sure true enough. The smooth and comfortable part though is something I don't see. Old Types make me use short strokes and I feel the blade too much on my face. Much more attention to detail needed and forget about the ATG pass.

Johnus uses an Old Type with a Derby. That's his set up. No water no prep no nothing. Heh, sounds a bit lonely to me.

Martin

Third shave with the R41 and the best one yet. Still got plenty of irritation from the aggression but it calmed down well with ASB.

Initial thoughts of not for me have transferred to hmm it might be a nice addition for shaves where I've missed a few days.

The handle is great and I'd certainly get an ikon handle... in fact I'm thinking of the ikon OC and wondering how it compares to the R41.

Last shave with the R41 and the best one yet.

Super efficient razor that has got me thinking of getting a more aggressive razor to add to the two I already have.

I'll be getting the razor ready to send on later.

Riverrun is the next on the list, can you send me your details and I'll get the razor out to you.

Thanks for the chance to try this razor, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom