Closed Passaround : Muhle R41 COMPLETE

The razor is all packaged up and I will be posting it out tomorrow Damien.

The razor definitely needs 100% concentration, I made the mistake of letting my mind wonder to which ikon handle I'm going to have to buy and bam, big nick under my nose.

Overall though a very efficient razor especially when you have several days of growth and I loved that handle.

Just to report that I now have the razor. Thanks for sending it.

I'm quite impressed with the ikon handle too. Knurling not quite as deep as my custom Templ8 one, but it sits in the hand well. I'll be trying it tomorrow and will let you know how it went.

Just to report that I now have the razor. Thanks for sending it.

I'm quite impressed with the ikon handle too. Knurling not quite as deep as my custom Templ8 one, but it sits in the hand well. I'll be trying it tomorrow and will let you know how it went.

Jolly good.

Nice to see the handle seems to hit the mark.

First shave with the R41 with my favourite blade, a Polsilver Super Iridium.

I started the shave and you can feel the blade much more than my other razors (EJ DE89 and Standard). I had to remind myself to go steady and no pressure. First pass WTG without too much drama... until I came to rinse... very close after 1 pass... good razor this... looked in the mirror... shit... weeper city on my neck.

Second pass XTG and left it at that. This razor does in 2 passes what my others do in 3. A very efficient razor but feels quite heavy handed in how it goes about it. Plenty of weepers but a very close smooth shave.

It's definitely not a daily razor, but then I only shave every other day anyway! Will give it another few goes.

The ikon handle sure is nice!

Second shave today with the polsilver again. Much better shave in terms of the nicks and weepers. I'm still thinking it might be too aggressive for me to use regularly but I really like how it gets so close so easily.

Back
Top Bottom