Closed Passaround FEATHER ARTIST CLUB SS

3rd shave with the SS last night.

Getting used to the scales now. Had a great shave. 3 pass shave in 20mins no nicks or irritation, almost bbs result.

Will keep it for a couple more shaves and will post it to the next on the list next tuesday.

Not at all.

I have a non folding Feather and wanted to try the folding.

I prefer the non folding as I find it easier to manoeuvre around the face. I enjoy this type of shaving more than DE.

I am planning to upgrade my Feather and maybe one day get a folding. But for now I'm happy with the non-folding.

(Shameless plug - my Feather is for sale on BST!)

Yesterday's shave was a disaster.

After a few great shaves, I got complacent and rushed the first pass. Ended with with a few nicks. I did 2 more passes but a lot slower.

BBS results, but face was quite sore.

It's easy to forget how sharp these blades are.

1 more shave, then its off to the next person on the list on Tuesday.

I had my last shave with the SS last night. Took my time and had 2 great passes. Last pass was with my Feather Professional as it was going to a new home.

Took my time this time and had a great shave. Ended up with BBS results and no irritation.

It was posted to RedHorseMan this afternoon (who still wants to try it after cutting his chin on a straight!)

After using it for the last week or so I think I still prefer the non folding type, although I might be tempted to buy a folding if one became available at the right price. I won't make the transition to proper straights, but would be quite happy to use these.

If you take your time, and are careful, you can get great shaves from one of these. Much better results than a DE in my opinion and a greater sense of achievement. As I found out, get complacent and you pay a price.

I have a Kai Captain Excelia on the way and I am having a serious think about whether I need to keep my King Cobra as well.

Thanks again to WhoseTheDaddy for the opportunity to try it.

No worries, I enjoy using straights but as you have hinted at, a non folding razor can be even better. I really enjoy my non folding AC SS and will be interested in your musings on the Excelia when it arrives.

Well had my first shave this morning, very hung over and more than just a little shakie. Pro guard blade, Palmolive stick lathered in an old wilkie blue lid, bit of shave oil and away we went.

What a beautiful shave, I only went WTG today as I don't think my nerves could handle ATG this morning, my hand was shaking so much I thought I had forgotten to remove SWMBOs rabbit.
The shave was smooth, nick free and the razor was a pleasure to fire around my face. A couple touch ups on my chin as I still don't quite have the technique down but apart from that I'm impressed. So far one word sums everything up for me. Quality. The real test will come tomorrow night when I start the campaign against my cranial fuzz, I've let it grow too long and its starting to rebel.

I will keep you guys up to date with my next dew shaves, big thanks so far to whosthedaddy for this pass around, although he has made me want one of these bad boys for myself.

The big test of a razor for me is can it shave my head And how much of my head is left afterwards. With regards to the feather it scored qell , I have ALL my head left, which is a first ever, I always Nick something even with my headblade. I am putting this down to the pro guard blades which performed brilliantly in this respect. Unfortunately the shave quality was average, while the pro guards were great for my stubble, my exceptionally thick head hair proved a bit much, they could have been sharper which would have improved the quality but would probably have increased the quantity of me that went with my hair.

I found with the thick hair I had to drop the angle to almost flat against my skin to cut nicely, when i did get it right though it sliced right through that hair like butter

All in all an awesome BBS head shave, finished off with my own teatree shaving oil to keep menhead moisturized. No burn,weepers or cuts. Over all a 7 outta 10 shave, would go up to a 9 with practice as the blunt blade problem may have been user performance related.

New blade tomorrow as this one is now dead as a door nail.

Do you shave your head? I go through 3 de blades or 1 cartridge or 3 disposables when I shave my head from a weeks growth. My hair is thick and very very dense. Imagine how many hairs on your face compares to your head, it has probably done 20 or 30 times the work of a beard shave to bbs

No I don't shave my head.

But when you put it like that it makes sense.

Wow 3 de blades in one go?

You should try a Feather Super blade in the SS.

Back
Top Bottom