Closed Passaround FEATHER ARTIST CLUB SS

Ive found the ideal angle of the WTG pass on my neck to get to those trouble spots, only taken me 6 months or so to figure it out?! The angle for the Feather is a little different to a straight and is more forgiving and will cut hairs at a much higher angle too. It's probably too many passes on one area or pressure that's causing the weepers. The head is quite heavy, I've managed to catch myself a few times with putting it to the skin a little too hard. It is a great shaver, like most things, it's practice.

With regards to fhe nose, I do a basic North to South pass, starting with the blade almost at 90 and then curving it down and flatter to the skin in one movement from nose to lip and finish off with a pass from West to a East (to the middle of the lip) and vice versa in the opposite direction. It's a great XTG pass that tidies up a problem area.

Glad your enjoying it thus far.

Whosthedaddy said:
List updated, close at number 10 for now.

Nice of you to offer the chance of test driving that set up. Nothing of interest to me, but I know there's a bunch of members who are gonna be happy to see what's up.

Martin

Re: RE: Passaround FEATHER ARTIST CLUB SS

dodgy said:
Whosthedaddy said:
List updated, close at number 10 for now.

Nice of you to offer the chance of test driving that set up. Nothing of interest to me, but I know there's a bunch of members who are gonna be happy to see what's up.

Martin
Not even tempted Martin?

Or are you worried someone might enable YOU for a change?

MrK1 said:
Not even tempted Martin?

Or are you worried someone might enable YOU for a change?

When it comes to straights there's very little motivation for learning how to shave all over again, and taking a year to do it right consistently. No thank you.

I get enabled plenty in other ways.

Yeah I think I'm pretty much there now. Still getting the odd nick on my chin and struggling for BBS on my neck but that is difficult with any razor for me. The rest will come with practice when I buy one.

I am finding the blade retains its sharpness seven shaves in and gain in smoothness after the first few shaves.

I'll give it another couple of goes as it seems to bin the blade while it still has a lot of life in it, then I'll post it on Tuesday.

Thanks again for letting me try it - letting all of us try it! - and hope I haven't had it for too long. It does take while to get the hang of it and I feel I'm pretty much at that point, with just practice to gradually improve areas like the chin and under the nose.

I am very tempted to get one....

I think the Mongoose owners are testimont to the number of shaves per blade, they seem to be able to get into the double digits per blade and still feels sharp.

It's taken me a while to get the right angles for the neck and chin. I'm more than happy with what I need to do to achieve a good shave in all aspects apart from the Adams apple. A little too chicken to try anything radicle there, but as you say it's practice and confidence to move this sharp blade around the face knowing that it's not going to end in a blood bath.

I'm excited waiting for my go of this beauty. For those of us not very experienced with straights maybe when you pass it on give a small hints and tips post with what worked best. I.e blade was tugging, decreased angle a fraction and it stopped sort of thing.

Shave four today using the Pro-Guard. Quite a bit of razor burn but I suspect the blade is getting blunter (I never get many shaves from these Feather blades,) very close result though. Next blade up is the Kia Mild which is unguarded. Are these much easier to cut yourself with?

Ive had mixed results with the Feather blades, some seem to last longer than others and even managed to blunt on in 4 shaves before? I suspect that's causing the irritation as working harder to get the same results? The unguarded will be smoother and don't be put off by not having the guard wires on the blade.

Back
Top Bottom