Closed Passaround FEATHER ARTIST CLUB SS

Shave 6:
After watching a couple of videos I opened the handle 270 degrees rather than 90 degrees and this really helped with manoeuvring around my face. Also I tried using my left hand and this wasn't as hard as I'd expected. An OK shave, far less blood shed but still a couple of small cuts. Last shave tomorrow and then I'll post it on to the next person.

Paul.

Back to the Feather Pro-Guards today to see if I can end on a high note. Lovely shave. Close, comfortable, no blood, time consuming (but in an enjoyable way); very satisfying. I'll be posting this SD tomorrow morning to squeeze in another shave.

jimbofett said:
lol

my bottle has gone, i regretfully withdraw

I'll hold the name on the list just in case you change your mind for now.

p.b said:
Back to the Feather Pro-Guards today to see if I can end on a high note. Lovely shave. Close, comfortable, no blood, time consuming (but in an enjoyable way); very satisfying. I'll be posting this SD tomorrow morning to squeeze in another shave.

When you relax and become more fluent it doesn't take that much longer than a normal DE shave, but, the biggest feeling is the success of what you've done. A very old and very traditional method of shaving.

Some like it, some don't. You can say you've tried and make your own mind up.

I'm going to withdraw too, my time's pretty limited during the week and will only get worse in a couple of weeks when my wife's maternity is over and she goes back to work. Plus the thought of trying to use a straight on the back of my head where I can't see what I'm doing is way too scary.

Thank you for the opportunity though.

Its not the back of the head you will cut yourself on. You will cut yaself on the crown or around the ears I've found. I was a bit afraid when I first used one, a lot easier than I thought, although I still finish up with a head blade sport with cheap twin blade cartridges.

OK on special delivery to MrK1, a little later than planned, my apologies for that but my wife changed my plans Friday night, as they do and I was unable to get to the Post Office.

To all those who are worried - you should be.

Nah, just kidding. With the Pro-Guards I found it easier than I expected and I even found using my left hand easier than expected. It does require some time for each shave initially but it's good fun and very satisfying. Honestly, a lack of time would be the only good excuse not to try it (I didn't use it at the weekend with a 5 yo and my wife in the bathroom only during the working week when I had the bathroom to myself and it was quiet.)

Many thanks to Whosthedaddy for making this available - it was a great experience.

Paul.

Had a day off yesterday, came back into the office today to find the Feather waiting for me.

Will give it a go tonight on 4 days of growth.

RedHorseman said:
Its not the back of the head you will cut yourself on. You will cut yaself on the crown or around the ears I've found. I was a bit afraid when I first used one, a lot easier than I thought, although I still finish up with a head blade sport with cheap twin blade cartridges.

I knew I'd end up shedding blood somewhere! I could use a DE on my head but two razors for one shave is just daft.

Bollocks.

Left the razor at work.
Have to shave today cause I'm conducting an interview tomorrow.

Looks like it will be the King Cobra tonight.

Had my first shave with the SS paired with my own Feather Proguard (3) last night.

I was going to use a Feather Light, but after putting the blade in, there was very little blade to shave with. Ended up swapping to the Proguard.
This head is definitely a lot milder than the Feather Professional I normally use.

3 pass shave, almost BBS results.

I will give it a few more shaves, but I think I prefer the non folding type.
I found the scales became a bit fiddly and almost got in the way.

Back
Top Bottom