Closed Passaround FEATHER ARTIST CLUB SS

I have been fortunate to be involved in recent passarounds and had the opportunity to try various razors of different sorts or types.

If enough interest I will be offering my folding Feather Artist Club SS for members on TSR to try. I'll also include more than a dozen or so blades.

All I ask is the following:

It is sent by recorded mail and the tracking number is pm'd to the next on the list as well as myself
The razor is sent in a clean and shave ready state
The razor is your responsibility and have freedom to use it but please respect that others may be waiting so don't hog it.
Remember if you break it or lose it, you pay for it.
I reserve the right to refuse or re edit the passaround order.
Enjoy it!

1. NotTheStig DONE
2. p.b DONE
3. MrK1 DONE
4. Redhorseman
5. Jimbofett WITHDRAWN
6. Dan552
7. fly3k
8. The Mackem Shaver
9. chris.hale WITHDRAWN
10. wheniawake
11. pablo85

Probably close the list at 10 for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20150315_111956_1.jpg
    IMG_20150315_111956_1.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 70
I use a straight, although this is basically the same technique it seems more forgiving on angle of blade / spine, the head is smaller and heavier than a straight and seems pretty good at under chin and of course no stropping.

I'm including the Pro Guard blades, not sure if the guards actually provide a safer or milder shave or not but should give a good place to start.

Razor received today. Thank you!

For those who do not know (I was one of them till tonight) you squeeze the top of the blade holder to allow the bottom to open so you can slide a blade up into place.

One side of the holder has a slide out panel and I thought the blade would clip in there, perhaps making use of the holes in the blade to secure it into the razor. But no.

Can't wait to give this a try. Could be an expensive new shaving system for me on the way soon....

I think you're supposed to insert the prong on the blade pack into the centre hole and then slide it in leaving fingers out of the way.

I just slide one out, squeeze the razor and gently slide it in.

Obviously removal, squeeze razor and gently shave till it falls out.

Something along these lines.

There is also a slot at the bottom of the blade pack for ther old ones for safe disposal.

Attachments

• IMG_20150319_223111_1.jpg
    IMG_20150319_223111_1.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 29
Thanks for that clarification! I knew the injector-style dispenser loaded into it but in my haste to get going I went with the first YouTube video that showed me any way of loading it securely!

Well I've just finished my third shave. As background I've used a shavette probably ten to fifteen times with a few different snapped in half DE blades, but this is a different beast!

For each shave I used Vitos shaving soap as I find this to give an excellent cushiony lather.

First shave an easy irritation-free BBS on the cheeks. A little tricky right under the nose and the lip cleavage below but otherwise the face was drama-free.

Didn't get close on one side of the neck and the jawline and got a lot of micro weepers.

Second shave went like the first, only I did more passes on the trouble areas. Very close in the end but with quite a bit of soreness and loads of micro weepers.

Third shave went like a cross between one and two, although only two weepers, closer under the nose, and no irritation in the problem areas, which wasnt as close as number two shave but better than three. On this shave I also felt more comfortable with how I held and worked the razor, and am looking forward to tomorrow night to improve on this further.

I want to get a few more shaves done before I pass this on. I reckon I can improve on my neck and jawline, making fewer passes for a close, smooth shave.

Back
Top Bottom