Closed Pass around straight (it's a go now - Swedish razor walkabout) ...

RE: Pass around straight (it's a go now - Swedish Heljestrand walkabout) ...

Mikael

Really appreciate you going to the effort of making the video. Really enjoyed it

Mark

Nice video mikael,that should help, I wondered what you look like! I enjoyd that.

Definitive vid! Many thanks, Mikael. Even the off-camera parts were helpful.

You shave in a way that makes sense to my DE experience. ATG included. Yessir!

One can clearly see your lightness of touch. Now to watch your angles more closely. Yeah! My idea of 30 is nearer 40 - need to go much shallower, just might cut down on razor rash and dulling my blade so quickly..

I just love the staring eyes of concentration!

That is one very helpful video, Mikael - many thanks foer making and posting it!

Cheers guys!

Carl: I've seen that look in other peoples eyes and thought they look a bit manic/mad, now I understand why I thought so :)

Thats a very impressive bit of razor work Mikael,you make it look so easy.......I wondered what you looked like,now we know..............Thanks for taking the time to shoot the video

Cheers, I hope I didn't look like a moron. Razor on it's way and hopefully the first walkabout razor shave can be had next week :D

*PLEASE READ THIS*

Stretch your skin, in the vid it doesn't looks like I do that very much and at some point I actually don't do it that much (but that's because I get away with it due to experience), but it's _very_ important to stretch the skin in front of where you're shaving!

I think I may not have been skin stretching enough on my first straight shave yesterday, especially around the tricky bits.

I will try again today with a bit more care over the skin stretching to see if that helps me out.

Mikael said:
Ok, I test shaved with the walkabout razor today (day off :)) and I did a vid, thinking that it maybe could be good for someone to watch,

Hey Mikey, nice post buddy,

Yeah, I gotta kick outta that thing. I was trying to think what movie star you reminded me of ( I knew it was someone famous), and then Slimbo made it all click for me in a private message.

I kept expecting you to start talking like the Swedish Chef, but sadly you clammed up.

Oh yeah, the guy I was talking about is Peter Lorre. Very famous handsome leading man from the 1940s-50s who always got the girl. He and John Wayne were drinking buddies and their bar fights together were legendary. More than once Mr Lorre even fought his good friend, with Mr Wayne always coming out the worst for wear. Yep, you're the spitting image all right. Some guys got all the luck.

D

Oh yeah, I am extremely sorry to partially derail this thread. Heh, this won't be a thread I'll do much posting in.

I gotta give it to ya, Lord Martimor, you're sweet talker alright - yeah, I'm sure my Hollywood mug would send those girls in bed ... screaming. Never the less, I'm easy to flatter and I thank you! And as a small token on my good will and thankfulness you maybe could be the first person taken care of "a Swedish walkabout razor goes to the US"!? :D

Now thats a good idear mikael, Dodgy with a straight ! I know he loves a safty razors, I wounder how he will sweet talk his way out of such a fab offer?

Mikael said:
And as a small token on my good will and thankfulness you maybe could be the first person taken care of "a Swedish walkabout razor goes to the US"!? :D

Holy crap,

I musta really pissed you off pretty good. Got a personal invitation to participate in this insidious cult like thread........I mean this harmless Boys Club sorta thing. Heh, you straight guys are just a little nuts, (no offense meant of course), and once in a while it's fun looking in on the goofiness.

Thank you very much for considering me as a possible targ.......as someone who might benefit by your offer of ' help'. You just got the wrong guy here. Hah, bad luck eh Mikey?

Dodgy

Oh John, that's how I get outta this crazy mess. I have some kinda gene that makes me immune to the infes.....to the fun.

dodgy said:
Mikael said:
And as a small token on my good will and thankfulness you maybe could be the first person taken care of "a Swedish walkabout razor goes to the US"!? :D

Holy crap,

I musta really pissed you off pretty good. Got a personal invitation to participate in this insidious cult like thread........I mean this harmless Boys Club sorta thing. Heh, you straight guys are just a little nuts, (no offense meant of course), and once in a while it's fun looking in on the goofiness.

Thank you very much for considering me as a possible targ.......as someone who might benefit by your offer of ' help'. You just got the wrong guy here. Hah, bad luck eh Mikey?

Dodgy

Oh John, that's how I get outta this crazy mess. I have some kinda gene that makes me immune to the infes.....to the fun.
So that's a no then! Nicely worded sir

Back
Top Bottom