Closed Pass Around: Mongoose (Completed)

I've tried to make contact with Hippo (Simon) via email and PM. I'll be driving by his address in Peterborough tomorrow so I hope I can catch him at his address.
This is getting ridiculous. :(
I've been advised to cancel this pass-around once I get my razor returned. Sad, just because of the actions (or inaction) of a single member.

Mr_Smartepants said:
**Update**

I've got the tracking number. I haven't decided yet whether to continue.

Hiya doin Erik,

I hope you keep that thing making the rounds. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't have been able to understand the Mongoose without a test drive, Seeing as how well it fit me after some trial and error, that woulda beena shame to miss out on. You were really doing the members a favor.

I can sure understand you being justifiably gun shy. You know the other pass arounds have been almost blemish free over the years, so keep that in mind.

If the Mongoose goes poof I am happy to contribute some cash for another one, as the other members did with the Enchantress.

Your call of course,

Martin

I agree with Martin. I hope that the pass around can continue, and if the Mongoose was to disappear I would be happy to contribute for a replacement, after all it would only be the right thing to do seeing as you have been so generous as to let us try your razor Erik.

Mr_Smartepants said:
**Update**
Hippo has mailed it back to me today. I've got the tracking number. I haven't decided yet whether to continue.
* relief * and what is the 'effing excuse?
As Marty says, the world can't be full of Celar36 stories, but, sure, if some dick offs your mongoose then those folks who had a look at her up close and personal will more than likely be willing to lend a hand in replacing the irreplacable.
What is going on and why will I be discouraging members from the razor spa?
Chad

Well, I don't want to speak for him. But he told me that his 'real' job (photography) took up all his time away from home.
I understand that. On occasion, my job can absorb 100% of my time, even to the exclusion of my family (thankfully not that often).
If the razor was ever lost or 'stolen', I wouldn't be affected by the lost money. So no need to plan a collection on my account. ;)
I'll restart the pass-around once I get the kit back in my possession and can assess any issues.

Erik, so he was at home when you called, even though his work took away all his time at home? He's some cheek, I'll give him that.

Good to hear you got it back, even if you had to go out of your way to reclaim it.

cheesepiece said:
Erik, so he was at home when you called, even though his work took away all his time at home? He's some cheek, I'll give him that.

Good to hear you got it back, even if you had to go out of your way to reclaim it.

I never made it to his house. I had a 4 hour drive home anyway with Peterborough another hour out of my way. I was 30 min away from his address when he sent me an email with the RM tracking number.
So I changed the destination on my satnav back to 'Home' and carried on. No point in a visit then.
I missed the delivery this morning so I'll need to collect it Monday :(

Back
Top Bottom