Closed Pass Around: Mongoose (Completed)

Pass Around: Mongoose! (in progress)

The goose has flown the nest and is in transit to Hippo.

Many thanks Erik for enabling this test drive for us all.

The goose is not for me, while it is super efficient at what it does it is too efficient for me. My face needs something milder. I could not justify owning one to only be able to use it once a week and the other 6 days to let my skin grow back.

Hope everyone else enjoys it.

RE: Pass Around: Mongoose! (in progress)

Yeah it's all good, it's here with me, tried it a few times so far and whilst it gives a very close shave I find it just too heavy! I keep having to actually apply negative pressure to keep no pressure as it were. I feel you just have to pay too much attention while shaving, much harder work than my Aristocrat. Sorry I wanted to love it but it's just not for me.....who's next on the list.

Hippo said:
Yeah it's all good, it's here with me, tried it a few times so far and whilst it gives a very close shave I find it just too heavy! I keep having to actually apply negative pressure to keep no pressure as it were. I feel you just have to pay too much attention while shaving, much harder work than my Aristocrat. Sorry I wanted to love it but it's just not for me.....who's next on the list.

Fair enough. They are working on an "Alumi-Goose" which should be both lighter in the hand as well as the wallet.
ajh101 is next...

Hippo said:

Yep, I think it's mainly because of how sharp those blades are. Which one did you try? You know there's quite a range with those things. Also, why not use a lighter handle?

Before passing that on, what about trying a 'mild' Pro Guard blade and giving the Mongoose another shot. It took me a little while to figure that head out and now I certainly see the attraction. After 5-6 times, that needing to really concentrate too much part went away.

I don't believe anything i have shaved with is quite like the Mongoose. Worth the time to make sure it ain't for you.

Anyway, just a thought,

Martin

jodypress said:
Mr_Smartepants said:
So...who's got it?

So has the Goose flown the flock then???

WTF!?! I just heard back from ajh101 and he doesn't have it which means Hippo still has it (and has had it for nearly 2 months).
Clearly Hippo is just taking the piss now. NOT happy. :icon_mad:
Has anyone been in contact with Hippo lately? Is something amiss?

Back
Top Bottom