Closed Pass Around: Mongoose (Completed)

Well, I've tried the Mongoose a few times, and I like it very much but with one reservation.
As regards shaving it's very mild and easy to use (bear in mind I use straights these days) It gives a very close shave. One pass does a very acceptable job. I didn't bother using the feather blades as I am used to those. Instead I used the Kai captains which felt excellent.
My reservation? It looked great with a nice almost liquid looking polish- but that was the problem in use. I found it excessively slippery, and I was worried that I was going to drop and damage it.
If I were to buy one it would have to be the version with the knurled handle, in fact I fitted a spare weber bulldog handle to try it and it transformed it.
I'll try it once more and send it out to mr Noodles on Tuesday.

It's on it's way to Alex, eta Friday or Monday depending on how good the RM fairies work this week!

Many thanks for the opportunity to try it, quite a revelation and I would be happy to add one to my list of razors to own!

The Mongoose is on it's way to Dave rec/insured (think it might even land today!), apologies for the slight delay!

As for the razor, it handled a lot beter then expected, I like the balance weight wise between the handle & head which in my case helped with the shaves.
Needs a bit more practice to get the perfect shave out the goose but I am sure once I get my hands on my own one that will be sorted in no time!
Thanks Erik, for letting me have a go at this before splashing out monies on it, very much appreciated mate!

The Eagle has landed. First impressions after weighing it in the hand...The head's smaller and lighter than I anticipated. I'm still always surprised by how big razors look in pics compared to real life. The handle is a monstrosity though. Thor's hammer. I won't be using it as I like the head to be heavier than the handle.

I only shave every 2 days or so but I might just have to give this a go tonight. Also I've decided to re grow a Goatee after deciding I look like a sex offender without it, so there will be no lip or chin shaving going on. Thanks for the opportunity to try it.

Back
Top Bottom