Closed Pass Around: Mongoose (Completed)

OK I relented and gave it a go tonight using a feather Pro blade. First impressions...

It's a nice smooth efficient shaver. Easy to use and a bit like an injector on steroids.
It's length covers the cheeks in a stroke and the angle is superb ATG on the neck area.
The head is way too big and clunky for me though and it didn't give me a better shave than
my Schick or Pal Injectors. As with my injectors my face feels clean and fresh.
I think with a bit of familiarity I might get a finish comparable with my Schicks.

Obviously those are reflections after just one shave. A good shaver but the size and weight kill it for me.
The money is in the stainless steel not in the shave, but I can see the attraction for anyone on LSD
who wants a well made big heavy clunky slab of stainless steel. :D

I'll give it another go in a few days and probably send it on after that.
Next in line can PM me your address please.

OK I relented and gave it a go tonight using a feather Pro blade. First impressions...

It's a nice smooth efficient shaver. Easy to use and a bit like an injector on steroids.
It's length covers the cheeks in a stroke and the angle is superb ATG on the neck area.
The head is way too big and clunky for me though and it didn't give me a better shave than
my Schick or Pal Injectors. As with my injectors my face feels clean and fresh.
I think with a bit of familiarity I might get a finish comparable with my Schicks.

Obviously those are reflections after just one shave. A good shaver but the size and weight kill it for me.
The money is in the stainless steel not in the shave, but I can see the attraction for anyone on LSD
who wants a well made big heavy clunky slab of stainless steel. :D

I'll give it another go in a few days and probably send it on after that.
Next in line can PM me your address please.
Nice write up Sir...You cant imitate an Injector with a clunky slab of stainless steel.. You cant imitate Madonna with ten bellies... o_O

Billy

PM received mate.

Had another shave with the Goose last night. I don't normally shave 2 days in a row but this is a mild razor and the regrowth allowed for a comfortable shave. This is a surprisingly mild razor. That said I don't mind a mild razor and I enjoy my Techs.

I won't go on about the weight again as that's a personal like or dislike but I'm a bit confused about the whole design concept regarding the finished shave. I mean the razor tames a Feather Pro blade to the point of shaving like a Tech but the blade still retains the familiar Feather ability to be harsh if using to much pressure.

I won't be using it again. To be honest I'm gagging to drag an OLD type or Injector over my neglected chops. I'll clean the Goose and post it on to SPH on Monday.

Sorry if my thoughts annoy any Goose lovers. I appreciate I've only used it twice but that's my point. I genuinely have no enthusiasm to use it again, which to me is indicative of an uninspiring razor.

All that said thanks are in order to the OP for organising the pass around and allowing me the opportunity to try the Mongoose. I've been curious for ages as I like injectors and I like the Feather blades which I use in the Artist Club.

My parting thought is...Anyone who likes the Mongoose but hasn't tried a Schick or Pal Injector should consider trying one. You'll probably love em.

Many thanks.

First shave went very well, the shave was close but didn't leave my face burning as some razors do. It moved around my face with ease, I did find the goose a little heavy for my liking and the handle was a bit of a juggle when it got wet. I will give it another go tomorrow evening and then send it back to Mr Smartepants.

Tried it again yesterday with one of my knurled handles.I felt I worked it better with this on as it was not so slippery. It does give a nice shave without taking you face off. I also found it easier to shape my goatee, which I am currently sporting- lovely clean edges. The head is still a little heavier than I'm used to, but I could learn to live with it.
Thanks again to Erik for letting me try.

It's now on its way back to Eric via Special delivery.

Back
Top Bottom