Closed Pass Around: Mongoose (Completed)

It can be quite tricky to adjust to a change in razor in my experience. After using the Mongoose for two weeks I went back to the R41 and had forgotten what a light touch I need. It's all relative though, so even though I wouldn't consider the Mongoose aggressive it probably feels aggressive to you after using the mild Feather.

Did you use the Feather Pro blades?

I did stop after a few strokes and take it apart to check the blade was sitting right. I think it's just too aggressive for me. I've spent too long throwing a Feather AS-D2 around my face with no fear of repercussion!

I found the Feather Pros fine. I'm guessing they're in-between the Titan and the Super.

Yes, slow and steady. The stock handle is a beast so you really need to be mindful of that. I much preferred using my Ikon Bulldog.

I'm ready to pass this on and have PM'd SPH.
I decided not to have a 2nd shave with it. Mainly because my chin is still not fully healed but also because I feel no need to master a razor that I am never likely to shave with again. And I remember how much that styptic stung last week!
On the bright side, if everyone has a nemesis razor, I have now found it and can shave with any other razor without fear for the rest of my days :).
Thanks Erik

I was looking forward to more tales of bloodshed ;-)

I'm surprised at the bad experience you had. I found it fairly mild. But it just goes to show how differently we all react to different razors.

Opened the package this morning- fine looking bit of kit. I like its container!
I'll give it a run either later or tomorrow morning.

When I'm done with it to whom should I send it to next?
@AleNoodles or SPH as he's now back from Holiday?

Back
Top Bottom