Ok, you win, recommend me a hard soap please …

I'm interested in how you get on with the new soaps, as I'd love a performing Trumpers soap bowl. I've used a few refills before and they really were shite.

I bought one maybe five years ago to find it utterly unlatherable. The closest I got to something that I'd be happy shaving with was using the puck like a shaving stick.

I still have the box (as the bowl was too gorgeous not to get) and the ingredients listed are: Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua (Water), Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Tetrasodium ETDA, Sodium Chloride, Isopropyl Myristrate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Evernia Furfuracea, BHT, Coumerin, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Checking the website, the ingredient list is now different: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoate, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Isopropyl Myristate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Coconut Fatty Acid, Evernia Furfuracea, BHT, Coumarin, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

So, different and hopeful that the new formula is good I've popped an order in for a refill which will drop straight into my redundant bowl.

Fingers crossed!

Oh, and oddly, they describe it as a glycerine soap on the Eucris page yet there is no mention of glycerine in the ingredients??? Furthermore, it's the only hard soap from Trumpers not to have Glycerine listed immediately after Aqua (Water). Probably a typo.

Last edited:
Dreadful stuff
I am waiting for your reports, I think I would like Eucris but like others, I've avoided Trumper altogether because of the reputation of the hard soaps, even though the creams are said to be good. I don't know why but I don't massively like creams, even though the Proraso sandalwood and the Palmolive Classic I have are perfectly serviceable.
Trumpers Euucris & Spanish Leather are both wonderful creams give them a go you won’t be disappointed

I find Martin de Candre miles better than mwf. I've tried the wool fat loads of times and is way too much of a fart on for me, I really want to like it but just don't see the fuss. Martin de Candre is pretty much the best soap I've used.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom