Ok, you win, recommend me a hard soap please …

I haven't used any of the wool fat soaps but the best of the soaps that I have used is Cella, works for me.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Bit annoying for an honest opinion, bit prickish to be honest.
My good friend is just having a laugh. I believe the technical term is ‘banter’. You must forgive him, after all he’s just a lowly Hibs fan who doesn’t know any better, the poor soul. I’m sure no prickishness was intended. Well not too much anyway…:ROFLMAO:

Cella is really a soft soap and the OP was asking for hard soap recommendations. I’m not one to split hairs though and you were giving good honest advice.

Now where’s my pills? MATRON!!

Last edited:
I haven't used any of the wool fat soaps but the best of the soaps that I have used is Cella, works for me.
I think you'll like MWF. The Kent branded soap is made for them by MWF - same soap:

It's also on offer every year during Black Friday so you should be able to pick one of these up for ~£5. It lasts a long time.

I think you'll like MWF. The Kent branded soap is made for them by MWF - same soap:

It's also on offer every year during Black Friday so you should be able to pick one of these up for ~£5. It lasts a long time.

Thank you, I will give it a try. If for no other reason than I like the idea of supporting small businesses.

As mentioned by many, Mitchell's Wool Fat is legendary, but don't forget the Cyril L. Salter which is certainly a "sleeper" that surprised me and it's cheap to boot!! (y)

Of course, there is the legendary Turkish Arko soap that does not smell 'old mannish". It does however have a strong citronellalike chemical smell. but it shaves like a house on fire.

As mentioned by many, Mitchell's Wool Fat is legendary, but don't forget the Cyril L. Salter which is certainly a "sleeper" that surprised me and it's cheap to boot!! (y)

Of course, there is the legendary Turkish Arko soap that does not smell 'old mannish". It does however have a strong citronellalike chemical smell. but it shaves like a house on fire.

I am sure the local council uses Arko to clean their public toilets.

Shaves like a house on fire? Not surprised the stuff is flammable with a smell that strong.

This Is Fine GIF

Arran
Captain Fawcett
Bath House Co. (Or something like that)
L'occitane

I'll go for any of them being as they are all on my regular rotation. Another here for Martin De Candre which is probably among the best I have come across. Problem is none of the afore are particularly cheap even if they do go on forever.

If you want brilliance in every area at the right price it just has to be any of the Signature Soaps.

MWF? Not my favourite

BUT I have an aversion to anything ‘old man smell’ whilst I deal with my full blown mid life crisis.

You trying to say old people smell? I may have the odd aroma of urine but so far haven't found a soap with the scent of 'Old man's piss water'

Not that I go around purposefully smelling people, but some aftershaves have a distinct old person ‘vibe’ about them which doesn’t gel well with my current (and rapidly developing) midlife crisis..

Not that I go around purposefully smelling people, but some aftershaves have a distinct old person ‘vibe’ about them which doesn’t gel well with my current (and rapidly developing) midlife crisis..

Not to worry. You will succumb to old man scents once you are over your crisis and urine becomes a regular air in life

Thankfully I’m only a visitor to, rather than resident of, care homes at the moment thus the eye burning aroma of urea is relatively infrequent …

I think the old man aroma i allude to may actually be original old spice …

Back
Top Bottom