Closed Muhle R41 Razor COMPLETE

RE: Muhle R41 Razor

considering it s only a lend so you dont have the time to try the biggest variety of blades what has everyone used.

im thinking of using my last sharb but exceptionaly smooth polisilver

Al H said:
i have nervous anticipation

Don't be nervous- they're quite ok.

I bought one and I love it. Once you know how to use it they are very comfortable to use and yield a close shave in less passes than you are probably used to.

Three golden rules-

1) Use a very sharp blade- I use Astra SP's or a Personna med.
2) Use a very steep angle, the handle should be about 60 degrees to your face- start with it at right angles, then slowly lower it until the blade starts to shave and leave it there.
3) When you've finished remove the blade and store it to use in another razor. Only use fresh new blades.

Once you get the hang of it you will enjoy it. Don't rush and you will tame the beast!

Had my second shave with the 41 last night - plenty of prep and really careful with the angle I used. It wasn't as bad as the first try but after the first pass I put it down and did the second pass with a New instead.

I'm quite happy to accept fault, maybe my technique, maybe blade choice.....but I'd rather use my New's or the Slim than bother trying to correct whatever it is. A harsh and unpleasant shave.
I'll clean and disinfect in Isopropyl before I post it on to you tomorrow Al H.

Thanks for the chance Norfolkdick.

Back
Top Bottom