Closed Muhle R41 Razor COMPLETE

RE: Muhle R41 Razor

Jamies said:
Can anyone confirm if this little blood sucker is the 2011 version or one of the newer (tamer) one's that started to circulate in 2012 and now is the current R41 for sale.

I suspect it's one of the earlier one's based on my experience with it, which is why I'm interested in the newer one as it looks a lot more docile. However, I don't want to spring for a new one if it's same as the one that's already attacked me.

Could whoever's currently got it please measure the width of the top cap, across the flat of the underside, rather than around the curve of the top side and let us previous victims know. Thanks

Greetings Jamie

It is the earlier fiercer 2011 model. I am now going from memory and I need to re-read the articles but I am sure I read that the newer model just has a different cap, one already used on the Muhle R89 and the equivalent Edwin Jagger model.

Unless this cap is wider and actually bends the blade down slightly (as is the case on more 'normal' DE razors) I don't see how it will make much difference. If the comb part of the head remains the same and the blade remains sticking out at a right angle as it does now, I would have thought the blade protrusion would stay the same and so would the gap.

Clearly you would need to try it to find out.

Regards
Dick.

Thanks, that would be great if you could.

From what I've heard the new (2013) R41 has a cap that is even wider than the one from the R89 (which is already wider than the 2011 R41 cap), hence the curve on the blade that we're now seeing in some of the photos.

Now this is going to sound a bit strange after I previously said this thing should be cast down to the firey pit's of hell for all eternity, or something like that.

But could I please be added back on the list :blush: No I've not lost my marbles or developed a thirst for pain, what I'd like to try is a bit of cap swaping i.e. try and tame this beast down or man-up a R89.

I've read a few things where people have tried this, but nothing conclusive. So I'm happy to take one for the team.

Thanks

Jamies said:
Now this is going to sound a bit strange after I previously said this thing should be cast down to the firey pit's of hell for all eternity, or something like that.

But could I please be added back on the list :blush: No I've not lost my marbles or developed a thirst for pain, what I'd like to try is a bit of cap swaping i.e. try and tame this beast down or man-up a R89.

I've read a few things where people have tried this, but nothing conclusive. So I'm happy to take one for the team.

Thanks

Greetings

Last heard of with Burgundy on the 30th March 2013, by the way did you read Dr. Dulchimara's post about swapping caps on his quasi Fatip?

Regards
Dick.

Sorry all, been a bit irresponsible and held onto this too long. It's been wrapped up since Thursday but can't send it until tomorrow. Soon as I hear from fly3k it'll be back on its merry way.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Last heard of with Burgundy on the 30th March 2013, by the way did you read Dr. Dulchimara's post about swapping caps on his quasi Fatip?

Regards
Dick.

Thanks for that Dick, I hadn't seen the good Dr's post until you pointed it out. I think there's a bit of merit in trying a few different cap's just to see what can be achieved, so I'd like to have this bad boy again after fly3k if I may please.

i bought one of these recently from our eight legged friend here at TSR

WOW - what a close shave. all the hype is true - you have to treat this beast with respect.

i drew more blood than usual but had a super smooth shave that lasted longer than usual. i prefer a less aggressive shave but i'll definitely be keeping this one to hone my technique.

I got a card from royal mail, wife called out to the postman who was only at the gate. He said if he posts the card then he cant give you the package! Royal Mail at its finest!

Will go down to the sorting office on Saturday as they only open 9-1.

fly3k said:
I got a card from royal mail, wife called out to the postman who was only at the gate. He said if he posts the card then he cant give you the package! Royal Mail at its finest!

Will go down to the sorting office on Saturday as they only open 9-1.

That's bollocks they are telling you

If I get a red card and I'm about I drive round town chasing him down and he always gives to me

My sorting office has just changed times from 8-6 to 9-1 too, what a joke when everyone is working

It was the R41 asked about the card thing at the sorting office and they said they would have a word and that particular postie is an old contancorous SOB.

So will be giving my top layer of skin an extreme exfoliation tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom