Closed Muhle R41 Razor COMPLETE

Re: Muhle R41 Razor

Sorry to hear packaging was damaged. Glad razor was ok.

I found Astra stainless blades were ok, but platinum ones were excellent. I never needed 3 full passes even after a few days growth.

Good luck, and enjoy!

RE: Muhle R41 Razor

This razor arrived today. Thanks to Norfolkdick for the opportunity to try this and Big Bob for passing it on to me.

Nice looking razor thats for sure. Looks more like a closed comb razor in comparison to my other open combs.

I'll soon know what its like to use.

RE: Muhle R41 Razor

Having spent a week with this razor I can honestly say it was a wonderful tool to use.

I opted to use my favourite Perma Sharp Super blades. I found it to be perfectly balanced and from the first stroke could tell I was going to enjoy it.

Every shave felt smooth and irritation free.

This is certainly a razor I'd consider using in the future. For now though I'm really enjoying me SE razors and blades.

RE: Muhle R41 Razor (Now Ended)

Greetings

The R41 has returned home to West Norfolk, the pass around has died a natural death!

I was quite surprised as to how many members actually liked it, it just proves that we all have different skin and tastes in razors. There did seem very few middle of the road views, mainly love and hate being the descriptive terms used.

What did not surprise me was the quite commonly held opinion that many members could shave with it without any soreness or facial damage but the razor was so demanding and the shave took much time and care that it just became a chore and not worth the effort.

I hope several of you have been enlightened some enabled and many more at least entertained!

Regards
Dick

Re: Muhle R41 Razor (Now Ended)

2011, on Ebay for £17 I think. Even got 3 packs of Astra platinum with it. Had first shave last night, no cuts, no irritation.

Greetings,

My Muhle R41 razor that has been out as a pass around has returned home (2011 model)

I will not use this razor again as I find it an abomination and an insult to the word ‘safety' when describing it as a safety razor. I can shave with it but it makes my whole face sore and I like aggressive razors!

Anyway, enough of my problems, who would like it as a gift? This razor has some real street cred. it has traveled the length and breadth of the land and is worth a couple of hundred quid at least in postage costs! It's a little like paying Jean-Claude Van Damme to give you a kick in the bollocks!

I have been trying to think of a fair way of giving away this razor and decided that the fairest would be to say, “Who wants it”, and to put a cut off time of Noon Wednesday 11th Sept. and then give it to the name I draw from a hat (probably a cereal bowl) Perhaps I am delusional in thinking that more than one person will want it!

All I ask is that if the person who gets it ends up disliking it as much as me, in the spirit of T.S.R. he moves it on in a similar fashion.

Best Regards
Dick.

Ok I will put my name for that since my friend tried mine and wants it. But to be honest I think you are making a mistake Norfolkdick! You should still let it be in the lending pool because of people like you I get to experience it at the last moment before closure and decided this is the razor I enjoy. Otherwise I may have end up with the milder 2013 version not knowing the difference or buying a fatip based on reviews. You are going to make many people happy with this opportunity and while there are no more users in the forwarding list, there will be always a new member that stumbles on this topic eventually and puts a request. :)

Greetings

The winning 'Victim' for the draw for the R41 is Roefisher. If you would like to PM me with your address, the razor is all yours and I'll get it in the post.

There were only five people who wanted it as a gift such is the love for this razor, which to be fair does not surprise me in the least. I will send you a PM as well, this post is intended for the LUCKY four losers!

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom