Closed Muhle R41 Razor COMPLETE

Greetings Friends & Shavers,[/b]

It has occurred to me that my attitude towards the R41 is both extreme and selfish and I intend to put matters right.

There may be some wierdo's/oddballs/ DE shavers out there that would like to try this paint scraper/razor.
I am now putting this razor up as a try and pass on, so as many victims/shavers as possible may try it.

If this razor eventually finds its way back to West Norfolk, then so be it, if it does not, I shall lose not one wink of sleep!

I ask but one thing of those that seek to try the R41, before putting this razor to your face you should thrust your arm (whichever has the razor in it) skyward and cry out in a loud voice:- “Morituri te salutant." (google it)

I do not know how these things work but I will post the razor to the first person who responds, together with a large selection of different blades so there will be no excuse for those who might claim; “I think the razor would have been ok with the right blade!”

Please do not think this offer is charitable or philanthropic in any way I seek only to see as many people suffer as possible!

Best Regards
Dick.

Muhle R41 Razor

I would love to give this a go if I may? Never tried an OC! Very generous offer, I've taken part in a few lends so hope I can be trusted.

RE: Muhle R41 Razor

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings Friends & Shavers,

It has occurred to me that my attitude towards the R41 is both extreme and selfish and I intend to put matters right.

I am now putting this razor up as a try and pass on, so as many victims/shavers as possible may try it.

I ask but one thing of those that seek to try the R41, before putting this razor to your face you should thrust your arm (whichever has the razor in it) skyward and cry out in a loud voice:- “Morituri te salutant." (google it)

Please do not think this offer is charitable or philanthropic in any way I seek only to see as many people suffer as possible!

Best Regards
Dick.

Heh, pretty good post you got there,

I for one am happy to see something that 'effective' being passed around to the other members to test drive. Maybe give em a taste of what real men shave with. You could also suggest it to the new to DE users.

Yeah, hearing about other people take huge chunks outta their faces is pretty darn amusing, as most of the more experienced members know. Pics (gruesome ones) can sometimes make me giggle uncontrollably, so there's that to look forward to.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings Friends & Shavers,

Best Regards
Dick.

Heh, pretty good post you got there,

I for one am happy to see something that 'effective' being passed around to the other members to test drive. Maybe give em a taste of what real men shave with. You could also suggest it to the new to DE users.

Yeah, hearing about other people taking huge chunks outta their faces is pretty darn amusing, as most of the more experienced members know. Pics (gruesome ones) can sometimes make me giggle uncontrollably, so there's that to look forward to.

This should be fun for the whole family,

Martin

Oh.... please don't put me on the list. I find that razor, along with that one old Muhle R89 OC from about two years ago, to be far milder than I prefer. Takes me 4+ passes with those sissy things.

Took me a while to find the right razor/blade combo, which is now my go to set up. It's a Feather blade in a Fatboy, overclocked twice and set on #9. That makes it a #27 setting. Try that sometime.

Please add me to the list. Thank you for the offer.

I actually have one hidden somewhere. It's part of my birthday present but I'm not allowed it 'till then. This will help me be patient...

Thanks!

Canuck said:
Martin, did you ever try one of these? I know you're no stranger to open combed wonderfulness and aggression yourself.

What's up The Canuck,

Never tried the R41, but some years ago I loaned a Gillette Bulldog OC Old Type to someone who owned the old Muhle R89. I think that's the similar version of what's being passed around now. He likes aggressive razors, and mentioned the two shaved a lot the same. So that's something else for people to consider (various Old Types) if they like that kinda shave. Not expensive with lots of variety.

Anyway, I can use the Bulldog, but it's not something I enjoy. I do admit to admiring people who can get some pleasure from these things. Heh, makes me feel a little left out, but that's how it goes.

Martin

Sorry to the OP for the slight derailment, but maybe this won't be the final thread draft when it comes to a waiting list.

Re: RE: Muhle R41 Razor

midlife_crisis said:
What's the etiquette with borrowing razors?

The razor will be posted to the first person on the list, he will use it for a few days, then send it on to the next victim.

In general you keep the razor for a few days, maybe up to a couple of weeks to give it a good trial then give it a good clean, package it up and post to the next victim. How long you keep it depends a bit on the number of people on the waiting list, if there are lots then I would try to move it on quickly, otherwise if there are only a couple of people waiting I may hold on to it a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom