Closed Muhle R41 Razor COMPLETE

RE: Muhle R41 Razor

recieved today count thanks very much

if the next person on list PMs me address I will get it out on Saturday/Monday. Burgandy?

Thanks

While I won't claim to have tamed the beast just had an outstanding shave.

First thoughts what a gorgeous razor

I loaded up with a polsilver (brown pack) and stuck the weber handle on, good lather with TBS macca root.

3 pass shave and apart from jaw line got bbs, a bit tricky ATG on lip but relatively easy everywhere else. No nicks

Like mentioned you have to take your time, it's not like a tech or had where you can go a bit faster safely, too quick and your cutting yourself

I think it's a weekend or special occasion razor where you will get good results when you can take your time

I want one

Al H said:
While I won't claim to have tamed the beast just had an outstanding shave.

First thoughts what a gorgeous razor

I loaded up with a polsilver (brown pack) and stuck the weber handle on, good lather with TBS macca root.

3 pass shave and apart from jaw line got bbs, a bit tricky ATG on lip but relatively easy everywhere else. No nicks

Like mentioned you have to take your time, it's not like a tech or had where you can go a bit faster safely, too quick and your cutting yourself

I think it's a weekend or special occasion razor where you will get good results when you can take your time

I want one

Your a better man than I Gunga Din!

Ok it`s landed at mine this morning and it does look a very well made, solid and stylish piece, absolutely mint clean too, cheers Al H.

I usually shave late evening whilst SWMBO is on the soaps, and I`m clean enough for work the following day. I shall give it 2 days with a Personna , my daily blade so I can compare the razor to my Gillette Slim and my Merkur 34c, then I`ll try one of the Astra`s kindly forwarded with the razor, a blade I`ve never used.

If the next willing participant will pm their details I should get this in the post over the weekend, along with some fresh blades. Many thanks to all concerned, Daz.

Well its been with me for a couple of shaves now and its time to move on to a new candidate/victim, who`s next ?
First shave I changed nothing from my usual routine, save for the actual R41. Lathered up with a boots cream ontop of Pecksniffs Leather soap, loaded in a Personna and see how we go. It was close, with a reassuring schick as the blade swept effortlessly WTG across the face, reminded me of a feather in my slim set to 6. A quick rinse, lather again and go for XTG. Again effortless, with no pulling/tugging, a smooth silent pass. Another quick rinse then check the need for ATG. Wow, no need for ATG, but plenty need for my Alum block, I guess I got a little over-enthusiastic.
Day 2, same routine, same blade, just a little more caution, WTG, XTG, baby soft. One little nick just taking the top off Yesterday`s efforts. A quick once-over with the Nivea replenishing and no sting.
Day 3, same routine, Croma blade. Due to work/family commitments I was short on time so opted for a WTG pass only . NO cuts, no nicks, nice clean shave with just a little stubble left on the jaw-line, I don`t want to get too confident but I think I`m getting the hang of this one. I don`t think I could have this as a daily razor but I`m glad to have been given the oppurtunity to try it.
I`ll give it a go with a feather tonight before night shift then it will be cleansed for ready for posting, so hands up Gents, whose next ?

Greetings

The remaining 'victims' after Harleyrider are: Burgundy and then fly3k.

By the way well done harleyrider you avoided getting cut and the really hard part (which I never achieved) you avoided getting a sore face that stung and smarted all day long!

Regards
Dick.

After reading this thread with interest, I ordered an R41 - arrived this morning, and it's a very well made thing indeed! Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow, along with my new brush (New Forest Tubby 2). I've been DE shaving for 4 years or so, and I'm now very confident with my current setup of an Edwin Jagger and Astra blades, but I clearly remember the first few weeks as a newbie where I seemed to cut myself on every shave.....if I suffer some cuts with this, as seems highly likely, I guess that I'll just have to accept that as part of the learning curve :)

tmg said:
After reading this thread with interest, I ordered an R41 - arrived this morning, and it's a very well made thing indeed! Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow, along with my new brush (New Forest Tubby 2). I've been DE shaving for 4 years or so, and I'm now very confident with my current setup of an Edwin Jagger and Astra blades, but I clearly remember the first few weeks as a newbie where I seemed to cut myself on every shave.....if I suffer some cuts with this, as seems highly likely, I guess that I'll just have to accept that as part of the learning curve :)

Greetings to You

In my limited experience getting cut is not a problem, what is, is avoiding making your face sore, I can't give you any tips as I failed at every attempt, hence this razor is on 'walkabout' to make others suffer!

Best Regards
Dick

Family commitments prevented me from visiting the Post Office over the weekend , but the beauty/beast has now been sterilised , wrapped and dropped off at the PO for it`s trip on to Burgundy. Enjoy.
Many thanks to the OP for this oppurtunity, regards, Daz.

Can anyone confirm if this little blood sucker is the 2011 version or one of the newer (tamer) one's that started to circulate in 2012 and now is the current R41 for sale.

I suspect it's one of the earlier one's based on my experience with it, which is why I'm interested in the newer one as it looks a lot more docile. However, I don't want to spring for a new one if it's same as the one that's already attacked me.

Could whoever's currently got it please measure the width of the top cap, across the flat of the underside, rather than around the curve of the top side and let us previous victims know. Thanks

Muhle R41 Razor

Jamies said:
Can anyone confirm if this little blood sucker is the 2011 version or one of the newer (tamer) one's that started to circulate in 2012 and now is the current R41 for sale.

I suspect it's one of the earlier one's based on my experience with it, which is why I'm interested in the newer one as it looks a lot more docile. However, I don't want to spring for a new one if it's same as the one that's already attacked me.

Could whoever's currently got it please measure the width of the top cap, across the flat of the underside, rather than around the curve of the top side and let us previous victims know. Thanks

Pretty sure this the 2011 Jaimie as it enjoyed chomping on my face.

Back
Top Bottom