M**tic fiftynine appreciation campaign

Urban Hermit said:
antdad said:
Is the Boots stick refill the same as that dish they also sell?

• As far as I can tell the stick/refill & bowl/refill are the same stuff, which is different from the 'lather' cream (Cool Cologne); I couldn't tell you what the brush-less cream (Freshwood & possibly also Cool Cologne varieties), is like though.[/list:u]

• all the soaps are the same, stick, bowl and refills
    the brushless cream is hoss-plop and the normal one is average at best

Not sure, I only recall him using Thayers in the videos.

It's certainly worth thinking about other products to include given the funds available.

He'll have plenty of budget stuff to play with so my feeling is that if we are paying for weight and we have the budget I'd like to go higher end.
I saw in a recent video he'd purchased some Eucris soap so that might be a direction to go in but I'd have to ask. All suggestions considered though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5LVcegOlzQ[/youtube]

Here we go, seems Floris balms are his tipple (not quite sure we can afford it though, keep an eye out for a cheap source)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.apetogentleman.com/forum/shaving/top-10-after-shave-balms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.apetogentleman.com/forum/sha ... ave-balms/</a><!-- m -->

Can I pose a dissenting view on the high end... the calibre of the product is not the issue, it's the obtainability at Mantic's hand - pointless to send him (say) a Floris balm if the UK price is higher and it has to be shipped... Whereas Mantic doesn't have a local Soap Alchemist or Henk...

As an example I've sent Tony the Wilkinson Classic Razor & a Williams Shaving Stick from South Africa to include in the red cross/crescent parcel to the colonies.

More important to get stuff to him that he can't get (easily or at all) locally I think.

Edwin Jagger soaps / creams? They're local to me & I can shift some along to relay to him. Actually I have 3 soap refills (one of each flavour) I could pass forward either as an extra donation or to be re-imbursed for from fund (probably at a bit less than online prices plus shipping).

Mark has just PM'ed me expressing his preference for setting up a "bank" with any excess beyond what he needs for his videos. I'm not sure how to administer that to be honest so instead I will just ask for enough to cover expenditure and no more if that is acceptable.

Our vendors have made a commitment to contribute their wares so that is covered, no high end purchase then.

hunnymonster said:
Can I pose a dissenting view on the high end... the calibre of the product is not the issue, it's the obtainability at Mantic's hand - pointless to send him (say) a Floris balm if the UK price is higher and it has to be shipped... Whereas Mantic doesn't have a local Soap Alchemist or Henk...

As an example I've sent Tony the Wilkinson Classic Razor & a Williams Shaving Stick from South Africa to include in the red cross/crescent parcel to the colonies.

More important to get stuff to him that he can't get (easily or at all) locally I think.

Totally agree. Aren't presents better when they are things you wouldn't normally buy for yourself? I'm sure Mantic could afford most shaving items therefore it's the stuff he can't easily get hold of or the unusual gear that he'll really appreciate.

No, if I bought and drank very fine scotch and somebody was considerate enough to by me a bottle of my favourite tipple, I'd be very happy.

Considering his means has little to do with whether one should give a particular gift and anyhow we had an excess and that would have been an efficient way of using it up. It would have been a special gift to him from us not a blog video project related item.

I agree with HM about getting hard to get products but what else is there that we haven't covered? Anyhow the high end purchase has been kiboshed see my previous post.

All--

Wow. I really don't know what to say here, except THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. I am truly flattered that you all consider my videos good enough to make such an effort. As I mentioned to Tony, I was considering how to do a UK-centric (or European) video on traditional shaving products, but didn't know quite how to get the products that aren't available to me. Now I will be able to. I also very much appreciate the idea to go "above and beyond" my basic needs with something less common.

THANK YOU!

--Mark

I just remembered. Turkey is just about a member of the EU, let me know if you have a spare ARKO stick you'd be willing to donate.

Are Vulfix creams available in the US?

Back
Top Bottom