M**tic fiftynine appreciation campaign

Given that most if not all of us have used Marks videos at one time or another I thought it would be nice to send him something as a token of our appreciation. I don't know what exactly, just floating the idea.

Given the amount of consumption most of us readily admit to and the amount of money you have saved as a D.E shaver :shock: I thought £2.50 (cost of a pint) from (15 +) members is not unreasonable to hope for.

I was thinking of purchasing an "English/European selection" of products or a couple of high end bits n pieces, the floor is open.

Register your willingness and any ideas here please...

Those registered:

Pigcat
Damian Murphy
MoodyMick
AJP
Proinsias
Yellow Jim
Henk*
Hunnymonster*
Trainman
Mikael
Factormax
Sunburyboy*
Audiolab
RB73*
Urban Hermit*
Prof Blighty
Heroblob
James UK - did not pay
Rev-O
Dermotological
Nanny*
Fido*
Vic Flange
Pedro083
Arrowhead
Pete *
Aberimp
Antdad*
Chicken Neck
Alton Bee
French Blade*
Tazzbaby
Kevin
Quattrojames
Lagaffe
Slash
Hando
Dipesh
AndyjReid
JaseB
Matt31*
BSA
Simmo*
Sonny
Jeltz*
kev
dodgy
Ids

manticpaypal1.jpg
paypalmantic2.jpg

I cannot easily corroborate money sent with your real name with your member name so if you've sent and you are not on the list above contact me and if you haven't and you are on the list contact me.

34 cash donations received (£100) so far + 11 products to be donated, bought or sent. Two very generation cash donations, you know who you are. Thankyou.

* Agreed in principle to providing those products on Mantic's list + vendor's donation, well done chaps + lass, great response.

Brush
Balm - Henk
Soap - Nanny's "clay free" soap
Henk's Balm
Razor

Wilkinson Sword Classic Safety Razor*
WS Stick*
Monsavon*
DVH*
ARKO*
Speick*

Boots Safety Razor*
Boots Shave Stick Refill*
Boots Lather Shave Cream*
Erasmic cream*
Palmolive stick and cream, and Wilkinson shave brush from Tesco*

All accounted for, thanks to all.

mantic.jpg

Sunbury's Vinatge Razor - £30
Fido Brush - £15
Boots SS - £1.50
Speick SS - £ 4.00
WS Boar brush - £ 3.00
Palmolive Sensitive - £2.60
Ingrams cream - £2.00
Assorted blades - £3.00

2KG of product - Reg Airmail = £25.20
Razor + Brush - Reg Airmail = £8.72
Soaps/creams/blades - Airmail = £5.16

Total = £100.18

This sounds like a great idea. I'm in. I am assuming he has a rather large stash of shaving products already, but would he have any of Henk's of Nanny's products yet? These are tried and tested soaps that are very popular among TSR members, with the added bonus that we sort of 'discovered' them. Perhaps we could send Mark a couple of soaps from each? A gift from TSR that kind of represents us too.

I'm up for that. The benefit of sending Sharon or Henks bits also means that it can increase their exposure across the water too! Everyone is a winner! :D

Damian Murphy said:
I'm in. A cash donation would be the best bet . Then a gift of some Euro/Brit stuff ?

Yes, that's the idea.

Maybe a balm from Henk and a soap from Nanny? I'm not familiar with their latest offerings tbh.

I bet he hasn't tried some base line products like Palmolive or Ingram's either, stuff that isn't commonly sold on-line.

hunnymonster said:
I'm pretty sure I've seen him talk about almost all the 'drugstore' brands from Western Europe at least... of course I could easily be conflating him with someone else :?

I could always ask him?

He's certainly blogged about that type of stuff. He recently asked on B&B where in the UK they are available and the prices as he is compiling a video for a UK grooming website. I'm up for something, as mentioned maybe Nanny's and Henk's stuff is the best bet.

antdad said:
hunnymonster said:
I'm pretty sure I've seen him talk about almost all the 'drugstore' brands from Western Europe at least... of course I could easily be conflating him with someone else :?

I could always ask him?

I asked him some time ago and he was quite clear he was ok, but times change...

Wonder how Mrs Mantic reacts to all the shaving gear there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom