Lab Blue?

Ah, that I don't know - I was simply trying to prove where Platinum Chromes are made. The white wrapped blades are a mystery - the blade is printed 'Personna MADE IN USA' and 'Personna Super'
The printing isn't great; the wrapper is much thicker and less waxy than that of a PC or Crystal. Are they fakes, or seconds or what? Someone knows. Not me.

Geofnay said:
fly3k said:
These seem to be in white wrappers now though. Used to be red http://r.ebay.com/aAEz0y

No - I'm afraid I have to disagree. What you've posted are Platinum Chromes. Salon Supply purport to sell blades made in the USA. To the best of my knowledge the only blades made in the USA are Lab Blues and Med Preps. Platinum Chromes (known as reds to Americans) are made in Israel. The lettering on the PC blades is totally different to Lab Blues; the white wrapper on UK PCs is different again to the white wrapped Salon Supply blades. Have a look at West Coast Shaving to see reds and PCs side by side.

P.S. Salon Supply have promised to send me blue wrapped blades, wrapper marked 'super' i.e. should be Lab Blues, although I don't mind if I get Med Preps!
other blades by Personna made in USA.
Do web search Personna barber de razor blade.
then look at Walmart site,and see different blades, including offer to have them shipped by saloon supplies ??

chris.hale said:
Ok, someone over on B&B emailed Personna and got a reply saying that they have changed to using plain white wrappers. The blades have not changed.

I'd be happy to accept this explanation as it would keep everything legal and above board - manufacture, wholesale, retail - right up to the last statement, "The blades have not changed" and dragging one across my face. Then the whole thing falls in a pile because in several boxes of which we know, thhe blades have changed - dramatically!

You cannot rely on that reply as the original reply that I received direct from the factory clearly stated that Personna do not make the lab blue in a white wrapper only their barber blades

chris.hale said:
That's what Personna said, I've not tried a white-wrapped blade so can't speak from personal experience.

Trust me - I saved you from a lot of discomfort! Also, we have heard of good white blades as well as the awful ones we've talked about here.

Without some definitive explanation, we are getting circular here.

Geofnay said:
My replacement Blues (in the blue wrapper) arrived yesterday from SS. I had a nice email from Heidi to tell me she had checked that the blades were the correct ones.
Maybe the ones in white were Personna Barbers ?

Back
Top Bottom