Lab Blue?

chris.hale said:
It's possible, however as far as I know the barbers just have four arrows on the blade, whereas these have the usual "Personna Super, made in USA".
Chris,
To confuse issue I brought from Connaughts .
1 Blister Pack of 10 barbers, pack marked De Stainless steel Blades, blades only
had arrows on + made in USA.

2 Blister Pack of 5 Lab , pack unmarked, and blades marked with arrows + made pn USA.
Blades like these can be found in Personna catalogue as wrapped ,coated and oiled
ref no 60-0138. come in 250`s ,etc/

In catalogue also supplied in 100`s is DE edge Stainless, coated etc, marked Personna.
Ref is 60-0257 - This seems to be the one causing the furore, for some people.
I have enough for a while,and have good source for Polsilver Si, which suit me as well.

This evening I shaved with a lab that was properly wrapped in blue and it was fucking shite. I suffered through one pass before chucking it and replacing it with a med prep. A good lab is a good blade but I've had a few shit ones out of this box and gambling is not an activity I want to do with razor blades.

I'm going back to the meds and sticking with those in future. Not sure now whether to keep the rest in case of emergency or stick them on the BST.

Have a Box of DE super stainless coated Personna Blades from SS. Lab Blue ? Used
3 blades.all good so far.

While the debate on provenance has been going on, have been using other blades,
in new to me EJ 89l. Gilette yellow-better than before . Polsilver SI Great.Latest is
Perma Sharp Super, not the closest of shaves, but to me as a daily shaver-really comfortable.

Suggest,that if "cheap Lab Blues" are not delivering, DONT BUY THEM. Plenty of good
blades out there, maybe a little more expensive. However,having read posts by many
subscribers, and judging by their purchases of other items, a savingon the cost of
blades is not actually a requirement. How many Creams, S[/u]oaps, Razors are really required ?

chris.hale said:
Agreed. £22 from Connaught for a box of med preps is still a lot cheaper than cartridges.
Chris,
I got Lab Blue from Connaughts in unmarked blister pack, only arrows on them +made in USA. They shave well.

Also got Personna Barber in marked Blister Pack,says DE stainless steel blades.Blades
themselves marked with arrows + made in USA. They shave well too.

Blades marked this way are shown in Personna US catalogue !!

Have blue wrapped blades from S Supplies. they are good too. Will continue to use
in rotation, with other blades, that seem to suit me . All of these feature well in the
Blade Review. Newbies could save some time wasted, on searching for " The Blade" by
checking this Review out.

Alternatives to Personna {for Me } Polsilver Si, Permasharp, BIC chrome,& Astra green.
Do not see any need for more, though Rapira Swedish on order.

Thought I'd enter the ring with my own experience, for what it's worth.

Ordered from Salon Supplies on a Thursday afternoon (29/07/14). Delivered on the following Tuesday morning.

This is the box I received:
[attachment=11434]

This is the wrapper front:
[attachment=11435]

This is the wrapper reverse (note the sloppy folding. Cursory examination of a few blades indicates that the rest are similarly wrapped. Not sure if I care too much about this):
[attachment=11436]

This is the blade itself:
[attachment=11437]

UPDATE:
Tried this blade for the first time this morning. Smooth and sharp. This was my first outing with Lab Blues - I invested on the strength of their reputation and the value represented by SS's price. If this initial experience is representative, I'm sorted for the foreseeable, until I order another box of 100.

Hope this is helpful in some way.

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 41
  • Wrapper Front.jpg
    Wrapper Front.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 44
  • Wrapper Reverse.jpg
    Wrapper Reverse.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Blade.jpg
    Blade.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 55
factormax said:
Thought I'd enter the ring with my own experience, for what it's worth.

Ordered from Salon Supplies on a Thursday afternoon. Delivered on the following Tuesday morning.

This is the box I received:

This is the wrapper front:

This is the wrapper reverse (note the sloppy folding. Cursory examination of a few blades indicates that the rest are similarly wrapped. Not sure if I care too much about this):

This is the blade itself:

Haven't actually shaved with one of these at time of posting.

Hope this is helpful in some way.

Haa.. back to blue wrappers??
Let's see how these shave.

Shemen Zait said:
... £8.92 delivered for a 100, there is simply no better deal on blades (any make) that comes closer to this. People go on about this because they are sharp as a Feather and smooth as a.. as a.. mmm..Gillete thin I suppose.

I also bought 100 Personna Lab's from Salon Supply Store recently.
The blades are in a plain white wrapper (i.s.o. the light blue printed one):
qNjQh5H.jpg

Are these fakes ? New packaging ? :huh:

Jan Zoethout said:
Shemen Zait said:
... £8.92 delivered for a 100, there is simply no better deal on blades (any make) that comes closer to this. People go on about this because they are sharp as a Feather and smooth as a.. as a.. mmm..Gillete thin I suppose.

I also bought 100 Personna Lab's from Salon Supply Store recently.
The blades are in a plain white wrapper (i.s.o. the light blue printed one):
qNjQh5H.jpg

Are these fakes ? New packaging ? :huh:
Assume you might have tried them, before buying 100. A shave with one might
give you an answer, be prepared to stop your shave, if it does not feel right. I binned
some Makes of blade,after finding one`s that suit me well.

Put a blade in the white wrapper in my new Pearl OC (second time I use this razor) and the shave was fine - smooth and easy ... :blush:
Guess Salon Supply Store supplied me with the real thing - nevertheless I wonder what happened to the blue wrappers ...

Back
Top Bottom