Lab Blue?

ravey said:
Wasn't that email from Personna UK?
I contacted Personna UK and then there was an e mail trail between them and the factory in the USA who specifically stated that they did not produce the Lab blue in white wrappers so they need to make their mind up

Ah that's kinda what I remembered so I searched for that but only found an email chain between UK and UK. I should have kept looking.

I was about to pull the trigger to order some more of these, as I'd hoped by now things might have settled down and corrected themselves, but it appears not, sadly. If (and "if" is the imperative word), the correct blades can be obtained at £8 ish they are a cracking buy IMO and probably few blades can match the performance and comfort at this price.

(Whilst the continuing issues with these blades rumbled on, hesitant to make another purchase of these, I ordered a small pack of Croma Diamant blades and I've found them pretty good. Not comfort coated, or as quite sharp IMO, I've found them to offer a very comfortable and forgiving shave. They do cost a bit less too and work out cheaper still if you bulk buy them).

If the question marks continue with these Personna blades (as may turn out to be the case), looking elsewhere, can anyone recommend a blade that's comparable in performance and comfort to these Personna's?

(I saw the Polsilver SI on the bay, Gemstone are offering them at a good price at the moment). How do these compare?

Thanks
Stephen

Newcomer said:
I was about to pull the trigger to order some more of these, as I'd hoped by now things might have settled down and corrected themselves, but it appears not, sadly. If (and "if" is the imperative word), the correct blades can be obtained at £8 ish they are a cracking buy IMO and probably few blades can match the performance and comfort at this price.

(Whilst the continuing issues with these blades rumbled on, hesitant to make another purchase of these, I ordered a small pack of Croma Diamant blades and I've found them pretty good. Not comfort coated, or as quite sharp IMO, I've found them to offer a very comfortable and forgiving shave. They do cost a bit less too and work out cheaper still if you bulk buy them).

If the question marks continue with these Personna blades (as may turn out to be the case), looking elsewhere, can anyone recommend a blade that's comparable in performance and comfort to these Personna's?

(I saw the Polsilver SI on the bay, Gemstone are offering them at a good price at the moment). How do these compare?

Thanks
Stephen

You could consider any of the following as an alternative:

Polsilver Super Iridium
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (from India, via eBay)
Perma-Sharp Super

There probably are others but they are ones I find have similar sharpness and smoothness.

Please see the below email I received from Personna USA:

J
Jewell, Patti
pjewell@energizer.com
Hide details

To:

Chris.hale@xxxxx.xxx
Date:
18 August 2014, 21:49
Dear Chris,
Please be assured that these are genuine Personna blades. A decision was made recently to use the white paper wrapping since we already use it on other products. You should experience the same great performance from the blades that you are accustomed to.

With best regards,
Patti Jewell

Patti M. Jewell
Product Line Manager
Energizer, Personal Care
Personna Industrial Division
One Razor Blade Lane
Verona, VA 24482
E-mail: pjewell@energizer.com

-----Original Message-----
From: website@personnablades.com [mailto:website@personnablades.com]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 1:56 PM
To: Senesac, Bob; Davis, Don; Jewell, Patti
Cc: ryan@moorecreative.com; brant@my-creativeteam.com
Subject: Personna Feedback Form: Chris Hale

Personna Feedback Form
The following feedback was received on 8/18/2014 1:52:03 PM

------------------------------------------
contact info
Name: Chris Hale
Email: Chris.hale@xxxxx.xxx

optional info
Phone:
City:
State:
Zip:
Contact Me: True

Quote Me: False
Newsletter: False

feedback
Feedback Subject: 60-0257 double edge blades packaging

Comments & Suggestions: Hi. I was wondering if you could confirm whether the above blades are now packed with white inner wrappers? There has been some debate on the shaving fora whether are not these are genuine as a few people have received boxes with white wrappers on the blades instead of the familiar blue ones, even though the box looks the same.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, retain, or copy this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this email in error please delete and notify the sender.

A fellow TSRer gave me a few of these blades when I purchased another item from him. I tried it today and was very impressed .. liked them so much that ordered 100 from the Salon outfit. The Americans make a very good blade!

And on a bit of a tangent .. I recently returned to DE shaving after a hiatus of about 40 years because it is a far better shave and it is cheaper. Well, the shaves are much better but I now have about 11 assorted razors, several hundred assorted blades. several different kinds of shaving cream, 3 different brushes (a badger, a silvertex, and a bodger). When does the 'cheaper' kick in?

FrankieG said:
Newcomer said:

Thanks
Stephen

You could consider any of the following as an alternative:

Polsilver Super Iridium
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (from India, via eBay)
Perma-Sharp Super

There probably are others but they are ones I find have similar sharpness and smoothness.
SEE TSR VENDOR OFFERS
200 Lab Blue £21.90 delivered Connaughts

mpf9ret said:
Ben88 said:
mpf9ret said:
Ben88 said:
My Lab Blue's arrived in a while plastic dispensing case! No wrapping on each individual blade.
were these from Connaughts ?

Yes indeed.
mine are good. You will want more. See Vendor offers.

Connaught were top notch. I see smaller quantities are sold in plastic dispensers and larger amounts are individually paper wrapped and shipped in boxes.

Back
Top Bottom