Lab Blue?

Received Today- ordered Monday 1 Sept- from Connaughts [ Vendor Offer]

200 Personna Stainless Steel /comfort coated blades[ Lab Blues ] - guess what ?
they came in a box, and were in Blue Wrappers- cost £21.90 delivered.

They are added to those blue wrapped one`s from Salon Supplies. Sorted for a while !

I tried my first lab blue the other night. Really good shave. Didn't seem to get me quite as close as the 7 o'clock yellows but a close comfortable shave. Be interested to see how the 2nd shave on the blade is tonight.

Could I be cheeky and ask for one of you kind gents to send me a Lab Blue please, I am steadily going through a sample pack I have and still not found the correct blade for me :( or don't think I have.

I have been preferring the Astra's but still not getting as close as I want, I have a feather to try this weekend. I'm using a Black Beauty and also a EJ 89 razor.

I was going to just pull the trigger and order 100 but didn't want to buy and not get on with them lol.

Shemen Zait said:
http://www.salonsupplystore.com/pack-personna-stainless-steel-double-edge-razor-blades-p-671244.html?osCsid=ce3a4d28e130cc1047e0182b21bb4264

£8.92 delivered for a 100, there is simply no better deal on blades (any make) that comes closer to this. People go on about this because they are sharp as a Feather and smooth as a.. as a.. mmm..Gillete thin I suppose.

Shit, just paid £18 at Connaughts :icon_cry2:

rolatruck said:
Shemen Zait said:
http://www.salonsupplystore.com/pack-personna-stainless-steel-double-edge-razor-blades-p-671244.html?osCsid=ce3a4d28e130cc1047e0182b21bb4264

£8.92 delivered for a 100, there is simply no better deal on blades (any make) that comes closer to this. People go on about this because they are sharp as a Feather and smooth as a.. as a.. mmm..Gillete thin I suppose.

Shit, just paid £18 at Connaughts :icon_cry2:

Hello again, RT.

I understand your response and, ordinarily, would have said exactly the same. But I've just sent an email to SS in the USA re. the blade we're calling the Lab Blue.

TBH their service was fine when I ordered, and received, 100 of the blades in question. And at under £9 (if you use the shellac10 disc. code) the price is as excellent as the quick shipping.

But last night I drew blood in several places when using a new blade in my Braveheart. I thought I'd stopped bloodletting a while ago and was becoming rather chuffed with myself...bordering on the proud, in fact :)

Obviously I know there are twenty different variables which might have affected the shave...but in view of the poor experiences of SOME other users after using the WHITE wrapped blades and the fact that I really have started to get first class, blood free, shaves now, I thought I'd contact SS just to let them know that this was the second time I'd found their blades to draw blood and offer a less than impressive shave. I did persevere with the shave and got there in the end after touching up in various places...and placing a bucket on the floor to catch the drips.

So, maybe, you might just feel a little bit better about getting them from Connaught (did you use the discount code for them?). Say you did or you'll get depressed again.

I have used the labs a couple of times now, once in my ikon slant and tonight with my gillette tech. The slant shave was bbs but i had shit loads of irritation, the tech shave was also bbs but less irritation. I dont usually get on with sharp blades, eg feathers, and think these may actually be too sharp for me.

I usually shave with the Lords. I will try a second shave with a used lab, if thats no better, they may be on the BST very soon :/

Yes the labs are extremely sharp but I found a way around this after trial and error and it works for me every time.

First hand strop, then load into a mildish razor like the 37c'

For soap or cream use something with tons of lubrication like Maca root or Erasmic.

And then with 0 pressure two passes and Bob is your Dudha.

But last night I drew blood in several places when using a new blade in my Braveheart. I thought I'd stopped bloodletting a while ago and was becoming rather chuffed with myself...bordering on the proud, in fact :)

Obviously I know there are twenty different variables which might have affected the shave...but in view of the poor experiences of SOME other users after using the WHITE wrapped blades and the fact that I really have started to get first class, blood free, shaves now, I thought I'd contact SS just to let them know that this was the second time I'd found their blades to draw blood and offer a less than impressive shave. I did persevere with the shave and got there in the end after touching up in various places...and placing a bucket on the floor to catch the drips.

So, maybe, you might just feel a little bit better about getting them from Connaught (did you use the discount code for them?). Say you did or you'll get depressed again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having sent a distinctly polite email to Salon Supply in the US 48 hours ago, Natalie at SS replied yesterday offering to send a new box out to me without charge. I replied saying I'd appreciate that but that I wanted to pay their costs. Tonight they replied refusing to take any money saying it was within their 90 day warranty period. So, I agreed, of course, and await a new box.

I'll happily report findings BUT would like to say I was very impressed with their promptness in replying and their kindness in sending replacements out. So, thank you to Salon Supply Store in the US.

They did, however, say they had no awareness of particular problems with the blades and were not aware that there was any difference between the blue wrappers and the white. After reading reams and reams of reports here and at B& B in the US I would have imagined that they were vaguely aware that there has, in the past, been representations made to them and to Personna regarding the quality of SOME blades and references made to sleeve colour of Lab Blue and Med Peps etc....but, they've been as OK with me as I could have asked, so all credit to them

Right you are. I'll give them a chance and be patient. But if you wish I''l post a couple of the old (white wrapper) and a couple of the new ones when they arrive from SS (colour of wrapper as yet unknown, of course). Send a message with address (I'm assuming you're in the UK not in the Amazon Rain Forest or the Galapagos Islands) :)

Back
Top Bottom