Lab Blue?

discodaz said:
i got 100 from salonsupply. first shave was bobbins-2 strokes then it went in the bin,rough like 80 grit sandpaper! i was using a super adjustable on 6 and it was my first shave with it so it may be a conspiricy of circumstance.
i will try one in my slim next to see if its me or the blade.

What colour was the blade wrapper, please?

discodaz said:
i got 100 from salonsupply. first shave was bobbins-2 strokes then it went in the bin,rough like 80 grit sandpaper! i was using a super adjustable on 6 and it was my first shave with it so it may be a conspiricy of circumstance.

Given that the slim and super shave almost the same due to the similar head and blade gap I would doubt its going to be you and wouldn't expect the razor change to make much difference...... you would have to try it in a fixed razor to check that or an adjustable totally different to the super

Disappointingly, no response from Salon Supply Store thus far in the day - but we are ahead of them so hope springs de dah.

Edit: Later: they've emailed me to tell me that they can't help as they can't find the original order without my email address. Not only, but also - it actually appears twice in their email! Methinks this could be a slow process! I edited my reply three times in order to remove all traces of sarcasm. I wonder if I succeeded?

Bechet45 said:
discodaz said:

What colour was the blade wrapper, please?

blue wrapper, tapered at one end to ease removal from the box. they look legit to be fair. still not had chance to try another yet. as soon as i do i will post the result.

*Sweeney Todd* said:
discodaz said:

Given that the slim and super shave almost the same due to the similar head and blade gap I would doubt its going to be you and wouldn't expect the razor change to make much difference...... you would have to try it in a fixed razor to check that or an adjustable totally different to the super
my slim is tip top, the super was new and needed one of the guard bars straightening a tiny bit, that is why i would like to try in the slim, a razor i know is right-too many variables to condemn the blade after that one go! the super has a feather in it right now and is shaving just fine. personna in the slim next, should tell me a bit more!

Never one to shirk a challenge and with the price less than a pack of filter tipped, I've ordered some blades from SS with specific instructions - "blade marked super, blue wrapper, preferably box marked 25% sharper."
I'm told they've already been despatched, so I look forward to seeing them - not least because I've a multitude of different Personna blades to compare them with.

Email received today from salon supply
Dear Customer,

We understand you may have concerns with the product. We have answered your concerns and advised you that the items are 100% authentic as we do not sell counterfeit items what so ever. However, if a consumer is not satisfied with their purchase we would be more then happy to offer a full refund on the item. We stand by this guarantee and will continue to do so on your order. We have forwarded the details of your communication to our marketing department so they can properly review the concerns you have with this item. Presently we can only reiterate that we only sell authentic items on our website. Upon receiving correspondences from our marketing team we will be happy to forward this over to you for your records. In the mean time, we have decided to refund the full amount of $13.78 to show good faith in our company as we look into your concerns further. We thank you for your business and wish you a good day day.

Lee S.

What do we think ?

Good outcome and you get to keep the blades, i would try other examples and see, not sure why but the box i got from SS last year was fine with white wrappers, maybe a duff blade is to blame?

Mind you I am mostly use mine in a R41, so maybe it's got to do something with the setup.

By the way I added some of these white wrapper to the pif if anyone wish to try.

Ive got to admit that their customer service has been spot on. I certainly haven't asked for a refund and hadn't expected one. I have however asked that If I place another order whether they are prepared to check for the blue wrapped blade.... if so I will place a further order as a result of the refund.
I have also e mailed them explaining all of this and explained that the finger was not being pointed at their company and more that they may have been supplied to them incorrectly. If they don't open every box they sell how are they to know that they are selling the correct blades. I pointed out that I had emailed their supplier SPILO in USA and that they have failed to respond in any way.

The blades I ordered arrived within 5 days and had they been correctly wrapped as they were expected there would have been no issue. As such if the wrapper issue can be checked by their staff then I will be willing to continue to buy the blades from them as the correctly wrapped blade I received as a PIF was excellent.

Shemen Zait said:
By the way I added some of these white wrapper to the pif if anyone wish to try.

Received the PIF today mate......... there was some Lab Blue in blue wrapper but none in white. I tried one of the blues again just to check and again had an awesome shave !!!!! The white ones surely can't be right (unless its an extreme mind trick)

Good result! They have come back to me a second time asking silly questions - have I inspected any more blades for the defect - so I went back courteously and asked for a refund.Their Returns Policy is quite clear - they want us 100% satisfied.

They have refunded my $30 and not said what they want me to do with the remaining 198 blades. Full marks to Salon Supply Store for living up to the Returns Policy of wanting us 100% happy with our purchases or our money back!

I think I was wrong in earlier posts and now can't think of any other explanation than fakes having been added somewhere in the supply chain. Leaving the question of why make the fakes obvious by using the wrong colour wrapping?

Like you, I'd love to know the answer.

I received my order today. Despite my specific instructions (see earlier post) the blades are in the white wrapper - it beggars belief. Needless to say I've emailed them - also offered to provide pics of the authentic Lab Blue wrapper and blade. Won't be shopping there again.

Unbelievable! There must be something to this. I wondered if perhaps the original blades are being swiped or swapped out for others at some point in the supply chain? I was about to place a second order after my first and I'm so glad I read for everyones feedback first! I do feel bad for people who have experienced issues with their purchases, but hopefully they can be resolved favourably. It's vital that we have confidence in the products and that they are legit, or that a reasonable explanation is provided. Surely, if the seller cares about long term business and relationships, it is easily worth the time and effort to investigate and to respond accordingly. I would not risk or chance a dodgy blade on my face given the choice. If it's not legit, there is no guarantee where is has come from, or if it is even hygenic, especially if you cut yourself.

I suppose it depends on the proportion of complaints compared to successful sales. Also, we don't know about his contract with the wholesaler. Long term, it would seem prudent to save the reputation of the company and check his remaining stock and remove these white wrapped blades.

It occurred to me last night - I still have 198 of these blades sitting in a drawer. How do you dispose of 198 blades safely?

Back
Top Bottom