Lab Blue?

Have just received 200 Lab Blues from Salon Supply Store and this time they are in "Comfort Coated" boxes and have white wrappers.

So my experience from Salon Supply Store Lab Blues is

25% Sharper box and blue wrappers, made in USA
Comfort Coated box and white wrappers, made in USA

Well, I have boxes from both salon Supply and Connuaght. Both are in blue boxes, and both boxes received from Salon Supply are comfort coated and are blue wrappers. As are the blades from Connaught.

Newcomer said:
Do the blades look the same in both packs and are they all there?

Yes - they have two sharp edges and squiggly holes in the middle. They were all there but now they are all here. What is hell are you actually asking?

They have the same inaccurately folded wrapping.

Has anyone shaved with one from a white wrapper yet. Strangely neither salon supply store or spilo have replied since I mentione Personna believing the blades to be fake ! Could be a coincidence but they were quick enough to answer and offer a refund when I first contacted them

*Sweeney Todd* said:
Has anyone shaved with one from a white wrapper yet. Strangely neither salon supply store or spilo have replied since I mentione Personna believing the blades to be fake ! Could be a coincidence but they were quick enough to answer and offer a refund when I first contacted them

Maybe they're just being thorough before replying if there's any chance of shenanigins.

FWIW the ones I got from salon supplies had comfort coated on the box but blue wrappers.

*Sweeney Todd* said:

Well what a surprise! Let's have a happy chat with a guy all set to accuse us of fraud! Your email is with their lawyers by now!

Or it's the weekend and they've gone home. Why not just try a WTG pass on one side of your cheek? Not much chance of any damage but you'll get a feel for the edge.

I have the new and old packaging but they are all in blue wrappers. I have to agree with Chris why would they go to the extent of printing the blades and box and not the wrappers. I think it's doubtful someone in personas office would be aware if a few boxes didn't have the right wrappers. Their email seems to show they are not even quite sure what "lab blues" are mainly as I think it a name made up by the shaving forums. I'd give them a go can't be any worse than a derby and I'd put money on them being the exact same blade.

Of course they are the same blade! This blue/white conundrum comes up so often that we know the white ones are fairly common place. If they were fakes the various blade detectives in all the shaving forums would have pointed it up ages ago. But where do the suckers come from? Can a factory run out of blue ink so many times over so long a period???

Another conundrum is why the wrappers are so inaccurately folded. Are they done by children in sweat shops behind the blade factories?

I have some Space Preps, specially washed and treated for use by astronauts on the space station. Considering how much it costs to send stuff into space these are a bargain at £100 for 5. £2.80 p&p, but I'm prepared to waive that if you buy 10 or more.

I apologise if this has been settled already but what is the difference between Personna Super Lab Blues & Medical Prep (aside from £10 a hundred)?

Dax said:
I apologise if this has been settled already but what is the difference between Personna Super Lab Blues & Medical Prep (aside from £10 a hundred)?

As far as I can tell med preps claim to have been washed but appear no different or cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom