Lab Blue?

Lb1 said:
mpf9ret said:
Lb1 said:
mpf9ret said:
Lb1 said:
The Personna barbers or platinum chromed are the same as the Personna reds. Lab blues are in a blue wrapper like above.
Not if brought in a dispenser from Connaughts. then there is no blue wrapper. Think this has caused a problem in DE identification.
Not unduly worried as I like what I got in a Box, from saloon supplies . They were in a blue wrapper, under £ 9 per 100 delivered.

They don't come in a dispenser. Are you sure you're not talking about the barber ones like someone else alluded to in an earlier post?
I am talking about those marketed by Connaughts as Lab Blues ,in quantities of less than 100, they do come in a dispenser. Check out the site.
I had better move from computer, as this seems to have started something, that is not that important. If the Blades you choose to use , suit you , then all is good.

These are the lab blues advert ised by Connaught. No dispenser.
Please read what I said, you can get smaller quantities from Connaughts, that in fact
come in a dispenser. True 100 come in a box.
Please no more on this one. Lets watch Football.

I see some of you getting all excited about new blades and old blades and the new being 25% sharper - and you seem to believe the new are 25% sharper than the old. Could it actually mean they are 25% sharper than Jewels? Derbys? As the old Lab Blues are such damned good blades, would you want the new ones to be 25% sharper?

"25% sharper" has no meaning, is meaningless. Looks good, maybe. I've just bought two more packs and I will sell them 25% cheaper.

Like Carl mentioned above, the marketing department in ASRC (Energiser) is working hard, don't let hot air confuse you the American made Personna's are a different animal to their Israeli products.

My favourite adspeak is "no other product beats it!" which means "we're just as good as other stuff you can buy".

My pack of blades arrived today, after only ordering them last Thursday. There were only 99 blades in the packet (I doubled checked the count), but at this price of £8.30 delivered, I don't care! I used one in my DE89 long handle today and I am super impressed. Without doubt, the most comfortable blade I have used to date.

Stephen

Lb1 said:
mpf9ret said:
Lb1 said:
mpf9ret said:
Lb1 said:
The Personna barbers or platinum chromed are the same as the Personna reds. Lab blues are in a blue wrapper like above.
Not if brought in a dispenser from Connaughts. then there is no blue wrapper. Think this has caused a problem in DE identification.
Not unduly worried as I like what I got in a Box, from saloon supplies . They were in a blue wrapper, under £ 9 per 100 delivered.

They don't come in a dispenser. Are you sure you're not talking about the barber ones like someone else alluded to in an earlier post?
I am talking about those marketed by Connaughts as Lab Blues ,in quantities of less than 100, they do come in a dispenser. Check out the site.
I had better move from computer, as this seems to have started something, that is not that important. If the Blades you choose to use , suit you , then all is good.

These are the lab blues advertised by Connaught. No dispenser.

If you buy a pack of 5 from Connaught they come in a blister-packed dispenser. The blades themselves just have the four arrows and "made in the USA" and they are not individually wrapped, but the cardboard backing has the same printing as the 100 box of Personna blues. The printing on the packaging is the same, but the printing on the blades is different.

FWIW to me to blades out of the five pack dispenser feel the same as the ones from the 100 box, even if the blades themselves are printed differently.

Can someone please clarily something...... and oh by the way my order just arrived within 7 days so I am now a salon supply convert however; Shemen on here PIF'd me some Lab Blues which arrived with a blue wrapper yet the ones I have just received have a plain white wrapper....... are these actually Lab Blues ???

*Sweeney Todd* said:
Can someone please clarily something...... and oh by the way my order just arrived within 7 days so I am now a salon supply convert however; Shemen on here PIF'd me some Lab Blues which arrived with a blue wrapper yet the ones I have just received have a plain white wrapper....... are these actually Lab Blues ???
Sorry to add to confusion. Mine arrived some 10 days ago. Were in a Blue Wrapper!
At the end of the Day, were cheap-and more importantly a Great Shave. Try them
and see.

I'm trying to establish if they are exactly the same blade as the ones I have tried.... as you will see I commented that they were the best shave I have had so far. I want to know that these are the same blade because if they are not I am wasting my time with them as I specifically want the Lab Blue. The fact that the wrapper is totally different has left me believing the blades may be fake. All the ones I have seen online have blue wrappers with Personna Super written on the outside but hoping someone can clear it up

Standy with any further purchases..... Having sent pictures to Personna direct they are saying that these may be counterfeit !! I will update once I have further answers. I have sent the pictures of what I have received to Personna and they say they do not package in this way.

Can you post a picture of what you received as all mine from Salon Supply have been cosher and if they're not, they are the best counterfeit blade I've ever seen or tried.

Are Lab Blues made anywhere else? Different factory with different wrappers, especially if they ran out of blue ink?

Edit: and from who should we not order, for the time being, at least?

See the attached...... I have asked Salon Supply Store to chase their supplier. Personna are saying that they do not package like this.

See the attached e mail trail.... hopefully this will help

Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 10:36 AM
To: Rexrode, Sharon
Cc: Kelley, Debbie; Henry, Sheila
Subject: FW: Personna Feedback Form: Andrew Harding

Sharon,

Has the inner wrapper of the “lab blue” (maybe 60-0257???) has changed from blue to white???

Do you know of Salon Supply Store? Are they a customer?

Just trying to establish if this guy has our blades.

Thanks,

Kate
------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 18 July 2014 15:49
To: Ward, Kate (Personna UK)
Cc: Kelley, Debbie; Henry, Sheila
Subject: FW: Personna Feedback Form: Andrew Harding

We only sell this 60-0257 to our distributor Spilo. It has a blue wrapper. Salon Supply Store is not a customer of ours.

Attachments

• lab blue 2edit.JPG
    lab blue 2edit.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 68
They look the same as mine apart from the colour of the wrapper. What's the shave like?

I think I read a thread on B&B a while back where someone got a box of med preps that had white wrappers but I can't remember the outcome.

Very peculiar. I think the last box I ordered was about 4 weeks a go and they're in blue wrappers as per the norm. Have you contacted Salon Supply to see if they can shed any light?

Back
Top Bottom