Lab Blue?

Dax said:
I apologise if this has been settled already but what is the difference between Personna Super Lab Blues & Medical Prep (aside from £10 a hundred)?

It's never been settled. Someone on B&B claimed to have an email from Personna saying that the only difference was an additional cleaning process on the meds. Then again, someone else posted photos taken under an electron microscope at his work which seemed to show a different grind. Some people swear one blade is better than the other, yet others can't tell the difference.

I'm on the fence. On the whole I think that if there is a difference it's small, although I did get a duff lab the other day which I've never had with the meds. They're both excellent.

You certainly can get a duff lab blue, as you can any blade. Anyway, to end the debate about counterfeit or not - the colour of the wrapper means nothing. Does the blade say 'super' - yes, it's a lab blue, no, it's probably a platinum chrome (aka 'red').
The platinum chromes are still fine blades.

The debate most certainly has not finished! What nonsense to make such a claim in a shaving forum - and one of many at that. This debate will continue while Personna make blades. Besids, I've yet to shave this morning - using one from a white wrapper. I shall be using a blade new to me in a new razor, lather from a new soap with a new brush - see how good I am at removing the variables so I can proffer a definitive answer!

well, there's my shave with a Personna Blue Lab from a white wrapper from a box with a yellow band at the bottom declaring something about comfort. It was positively the worst shave I've had in a long while - so bad I can't think of a blade to compare it to. I went all the way round three times just to test it and it failed at every pass. Drew spots of blood three times.

Had I a choice between Lab Blue and Fake I would most certainly say, "Fake". But I can't know whether or not it came from a Personna factory, so all I can say is is, "Bloody awful".

I'll test another tomorrow but if that blade feels as bad as the first, it will be discarded after the first stroke (which is all it took this morning to know I had a duff blade).

Now to go back to the retailer - Salon Supply Store.

Same result - tried one today and what an awful shave.... however I used my normal setup. Certainly not the shave a i experienced with the PIF'd blade i received in a blue wrapper. Still no replies from Salon Supply Store !!

I haven't had an issue with any of my Lab's. I have had boxes from both Connaught and Salon Supply. Both are in blue wrappers, the only difference was the box from Connaught. It didn't have comfort coated on it.
I have tried blades from both boxes to see if there is a difference, and I can't say I notice any tuggyness or pulling.

i got 100 from salonsupply. first shave was bobbins-2 strokes then it went in the bin,rough like 80 grit sandpaper! i was using a super adjustable on 6 and it was my first shave with it so it may be a conspiricy of circumstance.
i will try one in my slim next to see if its me or the blade.

Back
Top Bottom