Ingrams Shave Cream

I know this is an old thread but just to help out my pharmacy in mill hill sells Ingram, tabac, Erasmic, Palmolive etc if anyone is interested I could arrange posting etc :)

Not wishing to be left out of the Ingram's gang I had my first shave this morning with said cream. The overall experience was good, nice menthol hit, but not too much. However, I know there was a batch of "watery" tubes, and I think I may have one. I say this because as I squeezed my usual amount of cream (think hazelnut type amount) it didn't support it's own weight and ended up as a thick puddle. All my other creams, when I squeeze them out, are like Mr Whippy ice cream in how they stand up.

So, without any prior knowledge of Ingram's, what the opinion of my learned colleagues out there?

Notwithstanding the above the shave itself was absolutely fine.

Cheers,

Jon

jds said:
Not wishing to be left out of the Ingram's gang I had my first shave this morning with said cream. The overall experience was good, nice menthol hit, but not too much. However, I know there was a batch of "watery" tubes, and I think I may have one. I say this because as I squeezed my usual amount of cream (think hazelnut type amount) it didn't support it's own weight and ended up as a thick puddle. All my other creams, when I squeeze them out, are like Mr Whippy ice cream in how they stand up.

So, without any prior knowledge of Ingram's, what the opinion of my learned colleagues out there?

Cheers,

Jon

Hi John, you got a watery one. Still works ok, I sent one back free post and received 3 replacements FOC.

Some people only got two free.

I have two good tubes left, and one watery tube. Hoping that by the time I get through them, stock will have turned over and the shelves will be full of the better stuff.......

Fido said:
I'd send one back at least, if not all three. Not sure if its been mentioned but you can use freepost to return - I emailed them and they gave me their freepost address.

To be perfectly honest I did get a good lather out of the Ingrams and got a good shave out of it. It certainly hasn't put me off the product. I actually did a shake test on the tubes in the shop to check for any sloshing and they seemed ok. I won't send them back though as I'm a bit lazy to go thru the hassle. Thanks for your advice though. Denzle

I used mine today, one of the good ones. I've not used it in a while, but it was brilliant! Their customer service is too if you are unfortunate enough to receive a bad tube.

DukeCity said:
You can squeeze my tube if I can squeeze yours

You are correct sir, give yourself a pat on the back :icon_cheesygrin:

SmallBeard said:
I used mine today, one of the good ones. I've not used it in a while, but it was brilliant! Their customer service is too if you are unfortunate enough to receive a bad tube.

Can someone do me a favour? If anyone sends one back can you put a message in and say I'm still Waiting for mine. :icon_lol:

jds said:

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon

I've not had a watery tube, but from what I've read it sounded like they were at least in part very "liquidy" / watery, as though the product had separated. Ingram's usual consistency is not as thick as many other creams, but not to the extent that it puddles / runs - you can smear it on your face prior to lathering and it'll stay there fine.

I have two newish tubes that dont sloosh around when shaken but my open one does. its quite old and I dont think it was like this originally. it was on the windowsil over summer so maybe its the heat that has been causing the problem with their batch? ok not sure where the heat would be though as we havent had a summer since 2010!

Back
Top Bottom