Ingrams Shave Cream

fly3k said:
I have two newish tubes that dont sloosh around when shaken but my open one does. its quite old and I dont think it was like this originally. it was on the windowsil over summer so maybe its the heat that has been causing the problem with their batch? ok not sure where the heat would be though as we havent had a summer since 2010!

If anything, heat will thicken it. Sounds as though you got a watery one as well.

I had this watery prob with one of mine - managed to solve it by squeezing contents back and forth in tube with lid closed and then storing lid side up worked a treat and never 'separated' after that

Denzle said:
Hodda said:
I had this watery prob with one of mine - managed to solve it by squeezing contents back and forth in tube with lid closed and then storing lid side up worked a treat and never 'separated' after that

I'll give that a go.

Tried gently massaging the tube in an attempt to thicken up the cream, made no difference! Then I inserted a straw into the tube to try and agitate it that way. If anything it made matters worse! I eventually poured the contents into a small Tupperware bowl and vigorously stirred up with a fork. The "cream" is the consistency of single cream with white specks in it, also noticed the distinct lack of menthol scent. Think I got a real trio of duffers here. I think I'll be firing off an email to customer care at Lauramead?? To see what they've got to say.

Fellonblackdays said:
Is there still a lot of the bad batch about? Was thinking of trying some out as my next experiment in DE shaving.

Not sure, but give it a go anyway. The low price, plus the reimbursement from Lornamead if there is a problem makes it worth risking.

As far as I know, there's more good than bad about, and for £1.75 it really is a brilliant cream. It's a brilliant cream regardless of the price, actually.

Go for it:icon_razz:

SmallBeard (user of my surname). I think I am going to go ahead and get some, as you say its quite cheap and everyone seems to say that Ingrams is great value for money and provides a nice shave etc.

Fellonblackdays said:
SmallBeard (user of my surname). I think I am going to go ahead and get some, as you say its quite cheap and everyone seems to say that Ingrams is great value for money and provides a nice shave etc.

Hehe, it describes my frankly pathetic beard!

If you like menthol you'll like Ingrams. Try it and let us know how it goes :)

Fellonblackdays said:

Go for it. Ingrams is excellent stuff and a bargain at the price. I've not bought any of the bad batch here in Southend and it's become a regular at my shave den. Love that menthol but not only that but it does give a really good shave. It's quality stuff.

shavecraft said:
IMHO Ingram performs much better when face lathered (or palm if you prefer), though I'm sure some use a bowl / mug with it quite happily.

I do both :icon_razz:

Face lather with an Omega Pro 48 and bowl lather with my C&E super badger. I would say it's more brush dependent tfrom my experience.

Fellonblackdays said:
Purchased some yesterday, think its the good batch. Going to test it out tonight, is it best mixed in a mug or bowl?

I've done both. I'd recommend doing what you normally do, that way you can compare it more fairly to what you normally use.

6 duff tubes in our order at the pharmacy, just sent them an email going by receiving 2/3 per faulty tube i may be gawking at 18 tubes of the stuff happy days! however, more realistically ill receive 6 good tubes still happy days!

Bought some of this about a month or so ago and when I went use it I had got one of the bad batch, all watery, emailed ingrams and I was told to sent it back did so a couple of weeks ago but not heard anything back yet

Back
Top Bottom